1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Only advertising for the consoles?

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Lenard Schaeffler, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Does it irritate anyone else that when they advertise for the game during the F1 races they only say the 360 and PS3, never a mention of the glorious master race of pc gamers?
  2. I've only seen f1 2011 PC for sale on steam. Just PS3 and 360 from retailers. Don't know for sure but is it download only as I seem to remember Dirt3 was. (Apologies if I'm wrong with this).
  3. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

This is the answer why they focus more on consoles than PC users: clicky here

Note: don't think that Steam sales are included though. Might be retail only, but still gives you an idea
  4. I must admit that I have a hard time understanding how consoles got so popular, I mean the hardware is always going to be inferior to PC:s since you can't upgrade them, you can't tweak, mod or adjust your games at all plus the games themselves are almost always more expensive to buy.

Not looking to start a war here, I just don't get it...but... money rules, so us PC gamers are probably stuck with more and more bad console ports of games. :(
  5. they got popular because they are "cheap" and easy, you turn the power on, you put the game in you play. You will never see a "how to" or hardware related fix on a console, they dont exist. they run, over and over, very few issues. Plus "supposedly" they are cheaper, personally I factor in the 62" TV and the fact that every game is $60, $50 per controller, a few hundred for a "rock band" set, $60-$100 per peripheral (guns, guitars, yoga mat and suddenly you have yourself a gaming computer.

*Edit* Just to be clear I am an avid PC gamer, I think consoles serve their purpose but when it comes to gaming you will NEVER get the full experience from a console that you would a good PC
  6. Yeh spot on. I cant be bothered with a PC as i dont want to have to faff about upgrading every few months and having nothing but problems and bugs to sort out (that i hear about constantly on this forum)
  7. i got the pc version and then got the ps3 version ( used ) i played the ps3 version for about 3 sec , the graphics were crap compared to my pc ! and on pc you get all those great mods . as far as upgrading , i built my my gaming pc about 3 years ago and i just get sofware updates and everything is great .