F1 2010 Online Play is such a pain??

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Has anyon else noticed that everyone online are really dirty and love ramming you of the track are all drivers online under the age of ten because they are so childish i dont know how they can win world championships when all they do is run into opposing cars all the time.

They must play it on the easiest setting in career so the other cars are no challenge otherwise they spend half their gaming time would be spent DQ'd errrrrr!!

Im so frustrated with this i was in a race there bout 2 hours ago and i was winning and the some little fart got his little buddy who was in last place to turn on the track and ram head on into me i finished 6th what a load of s***!!! they should carry DQs into online play aswell to cut out all the little loosers who play on it.

Just had to come on here and blow off some steam i cant wait to set up my own custom GP on xbox live and have a nice clean race with some decent drivers rather than sore loosers

Peace out homies

I did not talk about having cockpit view only ;)
Just having the possibility to restrict allowed view as we can with assists.

And this was not related to OP subject (kid crashing), it's related to equity. It's like assist vs no assist.

I'm ok to race with people using pad + assists and me wheel + no assist when I can't find players using the same setup as me. Same with view, I am from those ok to accept cockpit or nose (and there's less difference in a F1 car game than with others cars where cockpit restrict fov more).

Some may want to have cockpit view only races. Some don't mind (but personaly, racing with with people using rear view, mhh no. Gives too much advantage. Better view due to higher position and you see around car. That's way more difference than between nose and cockpit).

I did not talk about having cockpit view only ;)
Just having the possibility to restrict allowed view as we can with assists.

And this was not related to OP subject (kid crashing), it's related to equity. It's like assist vs no assist.

I'm ok to race with people using pad + assists and me wheel + no assist when I can't find players using the same setup as me. Same with view, I am from those ok to accept cockpit or nose (and there's less difference in a F1 car game than with others cars where cockpit restrict fov more).

Some may want to have cockpit view only races. Some don't mind (but personaly, racing with with people using rear view, mhh no. Gives too much advantage. Better view due to higher position and you see around car. That's way more difference than between nose and cockpit).

Ceth, just to add a little perspective... forcing a cockpit or nose view may not make things equal. If a pad user is force to cockpit or nose view they can still see around them using R-joy. Wheel users don't have that option and would have to re-assign buttons. So the only real way to make that fair for all would be not only for that view, but also force auto pit limiter. That way the wheel users can reassign X and B for left, right view. Then Y (or whateva it is on PS3) to pit. THEN it would be equal.

--don't shoot, I'm just the messenger

When I said it was related to equity, I did not mean it would make things perfectly equal. Understand I meant there would be "less inequity". Of course the more options you have to configure your session, the better it is (and I always ask devs for this. And that's easy things to implement).

What I said about view restriction was just an exemple, but I have already asked developpers for an option to restrict (or not of course) the controller allowed. Of course I would like to be able to restrict my session to wheel users. Winning the race would have more value if everybody have similar controllers (even if that would not be perfect equity. Think about old / low quality wheel and pedals VS high end ones).

We can also talk about game resolution and aspect ratio: having the game running with a 16:10 ratio gives you an advantage versus someone running a 4/3 ratio (wider view angle). I'm running a triplescreen, that's 3k pixels wide and it gives me 55 degres of view angle. Even a bigger advantage and there is no option to restrict this if you wanted to.

Or we can talk about FOV which deforms space and we can change by modding the game. Different FOV gives very different gamplays, and there's also no option to define this for the session we are hosting.

Now to come back on pad vs wheel you were talking about, don't forget that without any assist a skilled pad user will never compete a skilled wheel user anyway :p

Anyway I am willing to have the more options as possible to configure sessions. But we have to be a lot to ask this to developpers to have a chance it happens :)

Another thing that is realy maddening is when you sit in a room with a full grid and the host does not press go... you can loose hours in this.
SOmetimes I have left a game because nothing is happening. 10 minutes later the dude is still there with a nearly full grid doing nothing...
p's me off it does.
So glad that I have found this place and a nice race on mondays and a nice race on weds at 10pm from another uk site.

Gripe over. WHAT A FANTASTIC GAME F1 2010 IS! THANKS CODEMATERS!

George

i have a problem that i can't connect to any lobby. 9/10 times i can't get in. i have never experienced this with other games. my connection is fast and good. nat is open etc. i think codemasters did a very bad job
i have same problem:( i can play when want game not me for 2 day maybe 4 hh max :( i have try everything start open ports and TCP/UDP both why i have buy this game for 50 evro? i dont know what **** makes CM i can play all my fav. games rF GTR2 moto GP and soo...

so i have only 2 word for this fu** CM no online Lobby for simracers why no copy from rf or gtr2 this gae is 95% for kinds. when i open online and play from 5 lobby 4 is arcade gamers.

BB CM this is end for me and your products buy.

p.s. sorry for my bad english and little nervouse :(

Wow! I feel really lucky so far, after hearing the many 'horror' stories from you guys about disconnects etc... All of my races have been online and with the exception of a few silly in-game generated penalties, it's been a good experience. No lag or strange connection issues at all for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back