1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Online Livery Selection

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by Akra, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Akra

Akra
    Premium

Ratings:
    +154
    Hi all, quick question - is it possible to select your livery online in this game? It never seems to work for me? Is the server able to restrict it, do duplicates effect it etc? Basically how does online livery selection work, as I've never managed to get the one I wanted.

Cheers!

2. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +522
    as far as I know it is not possible to pick what you want or custom made skin .. one of "hard to understand why" solutions of AC

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  3. Akra

Akra
    Premium

Ratings:
    +154
    Fair enough. Bit odd, but I'm sure it'll come. How do league races work? everyone just in random skins?

4. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +522
    i believe you can do it on server side for leagues

5. Glaurung

Glaurung
    Premium

Ratings:
    +771
    At the moment it's possible to select the skin if the server is set in pick up mode. For example, the SRS servers work in this way.
    And for the leagues it's also possible for the server admin to pre-associate the skins to the drivers setting it with the steam GUIDs.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Michael Stead

Michael Stead
    Premium

Ratings:
    +246
    It's been a long time since I've played assetto online but I thought you could select your skin if the server is in booking mode? If you select the skin you want to use before you make your booking, that's the one you'll get? :cautious:

7. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    A legend in my own mind... Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,908
    Nope, didn't work for me on Thursday. I was given a random livery.

8. Michael Hornbuckle

Michael Hornbuckle

Ratings:
    +2,207
    You can pick your skin in booking mode, but nobody uses booking mode. When you assign skins to cars while setting up a server you can assign them to specific users by entering their steam ID

9. Stereo

Stereo

Ratings:
    +1,370
    It's not that hard to understand why... the clients load skins once, when they join the server. So if you join a server after someone else, they won't see your skin. If you use booking mode, then everyone's requested a skin in advance and can have it.

It's just working from the principle that people want iRacing style online (ie. book a race half an hour early and then show up and drive) which if you asked around a few years ago, lots of people said. Happens that customers are bad at saying what they want and ended up with something that does what they asked but not what they meant.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ouvert

ouvert

Ratings:
    +522
    I get that they wanted to reduce the lag when players are joining but they could solve differently than just abandoning the idea ... let skins of newly joined players reload once you are in garage .. R3E solved it like this, it is simple and it works ... in practice and quali sessions you are going to garage (ESC menu or whatever it is) and even if you don`t, you`ll be there at least when session is changing ... that way before accual race all skins a loaded without affecting performece noticably ..