One shifter for gated and sequential shifting?

(I've been searching around the hardware forum and can't find anything that answers this question. If I've missed something then I apologize)

Are there any pre-built shifters (non-DIY) that can be used for both sequential and gated (or "H-gated") shifting, with only one shifter? Seems like many, many people/companies offer one or the other, or both, but none of them seem to offer one shifter that can do both. The only stand-alone one I'm aware of is the Act-Labs shifter. I've used a couple of them over the years and it's pretty quick to convert it between the two modes. I'm guessing, from all the threads about shifters, that it doesn't have the realistic feel that some others do (mainly the sequential ones) but I can't bring myself to order two shifters. I also find it pretty crazy that some manufacturers have one sequential, another for 5-speed, a third for 6-speed. imo that's just poor design planning.

I'm using (or will be soon, when my wheel replacement arrives this week) a Fanatec GT3RS V2 wheel with the Clubsport pedals. I also want to mount the shifter down lower, in a more realistic position, than where the Fanatec shifters are located, on the "chopstick" bars.

So, any advice or links to more information about this subject will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help!

I'm using (or will be soon, when my wheel replacement arrives this week) a Fanatec GT3RS V2 wheel with the Clubsport pedals. I also want to mount the shifter down lower, in a more realistic position, than where the Fanatec shifters are located, on the "chopstick" bars.

So, any advice or links to more information about this subject will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help!

no idea on the combo shifter, but i use the fanatec h shifter (not tried the seq shifter yet) and i was luckly enough to get a couple of mounting plates from a m8 in sweden. i have the h shifter in almost the same place as it would be with the chop sticks, but when i get my new seat i want to mount it lower. a little tip when you get the h shifter it will be very very stiff, so to lossen it up a bit leave it in gear over night and leave it in a different gear each night.

Hshift1.png

P1010139.jpg

and being Swedish they came flat pack of course :D

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back