on line Skin Error

Tried my hand at skinning.Race 07 , & Race On. A WTCC 2007 seat Leon. works offline, but when I try to go online the skin will not load and the game crashes. All the other skins work.

Any help would be appreciated

Tried my hand at skinning.Race 07 , & Race On. A WTCC 2007 seat Leon. works offline, but when I try to go online the skin will not load and the game crashes. All the other skins work.

Any help would be appreciated

When you say "all other skins work" do you mean all other custom skins or default skins?

I have found that some mods can cause CTD when you use custom skins on-line (no matter if you are racing a mod or a default car). What I do now (and it seems to solve the problem) is to move the mods (all the mods if I'm racing default cars or the rest of the mods not involved in the race) to another folder, and then I can race without problems.

There is no need to move the mods to other drive. In fact, I have made a folder called _No-mods into the "race 07" folder.

Hope this will help you.

Regards.

but when I try to go online the skin will not load and the game crashes. All the other skins work.

Crashes where? If its on the car select screen, I had the same issue when I made a skin for the Seat Leon 07. Someone gave me a workaround for that (I forget who, sorry!) that works for me. As soon as you click on your car, hit ALT+TAB immediately. You have to be very quick, hitting them at almost the same time as the mouse button. If you get it right, the game minimises but does not CTD. Maximise it again, and your car should be selected.

Bit of pain, but at least I can use my skin. Hope it works for you!

It crashes on the car select screen.

I changed the name of the .INI file to my profile name. It works when I first load steam and Race 07, but if I leave and try to log on to another game it will not load my car and the game crashes.
But, It will load the stock cars.
It's like the game can not find the INI file.

But did you try the above ALT+TAB trick to see if that gets it working? If its the same error I get, then it is directly connected to custom skins...stock cars were loading without a crash for me too, but just not my own skin.

I entered 3 different on line races , and it is working. This is the old file

[SEAT Leon 2007]
body=SeatLeonCarltest_Body.dds
windows=SeatLeonCarltest_Windows.dds
driver=Default Int Driving suit.dds
ext_driver=Ext Driving suit default cars.dds
Helmet=ATCCS3 Helmet Type2.dds

This is the new one

[[[Gianetti Sport Team]]]
[[Gianetti]]
[SEAT Leon 2007]

I copied the files to "Documents and Settings\Carl\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\CustomSkins"
I think by deleting the last three lines was the fix.

I'll keep testing tomorrow to make sure it's fixed.

I have not downloaded the Ariel Atom Mod.
At this point all is working. I just entered a race at the 100mbit site and it loaded and worked just fine. I guess by removing the three lines

Race 07, stopped looking for them, as I do not have those files.
That may be why the game crashed. Race was looking for somthing I don't have in the directory.

One question Though- Does Race-On use the same files????

Bakke
Are you talking about the complete MOD file in the "Game Date/Team" file?

Race on, Race 07, WTCC the Game, and any other expansion based on the Race 07 game use the same files and same location for add ons and skins. You can see this best by adding a skin. If you own all the expansions, the skin is available regardless of which icon you used to start the game as long as you choose the class and car type that go along with the skin.

I am not sure who started using the "Default Int Driving suit.dds etc in the ini file, but there is nothing in the official readme file about using those so they should not be in the ini file. The only files that need to be mentioned are ones that are used specifically for the skin in question. If the ini file mentions an image, make sure that image is in the folder for the skin. If there is no mention of the image, why make up something that the game will have to run around looking for?

Good luck with the issue. Hope you get it worked out.

I entered 3 different on line races , and it is working. This is the old file

[SEAT Leon 2007]

This is the new one

[[[Gianetti Sport Team]]]
[[Gianetti]]
[SEAT Leon 2007]

I copied the files to "Documents and Settings\Carl\My Documents\SimBin\RACE 07\CustomSkins"
I think by deleting the last three lines was the fix.

I'll keep testing tomorrow to make sure it's fixed.

On thing I see is that you should not use file names that have spaces in them.

e.g. rename

ATCCS3 Helmet Type2.dds

to

ATCCS3_Helmet_Type2.dds

as the driver is not rendered on the car selection spinner it most likely doesn't cause an issue until you try to load the track...

I have same problem.
All custom skin work fine off line but when I try to connect to e.g. RDTCC S6 server and want try my skin I have minidump,also I try all other skins from RDTCC S6 skin pack have minidump.My team mate Dubravko Vuckovic andIvo Simons try my skin and work fine.Yesterday evening I was able to connect to server and drive few laps,reconnect and same - minidump.

BTW I use SimRacingManager to remove BTCC_2009 mod,without that I can`t see all custom skins for e.g. SEAT Toledo Cupra.

Any suggestion?

THX

Hi

I resolve my problem with removes some mods with SimRacingManager

1.BST
2.BTCC_2009
3.FDR_STCC
4.FVR_Addons
5.WSGT

I prefer to do it mod by mod instead of using SimRacingManager ... I had a bad experience with this software a month ago or so .... it crashed while moving some mods and deleted my whole folder of Race 07, so I had to re-install the whole game again (sometimes it's a pain download again the game and the expansions).

You can do the same by moving the mods folders into Race 07/GameData/Teams to wherever you want.

Regards

I have SimRacingManager v.1.13 and not have any problem yet :) (use only when I need to move some mods or track)
About re-install game - when I install full game with addons make backup with Steam or Acronis but I prefer Steam and re-install the game for about 10 min (both folders (C:\Users\xxx\Documents\SimBin is about 5GB and C:\Program Files\Steam is about 26GB) :)

I havn't moved any files yet. I tried again last night on a couple of different servers. It worked 3 out of 4 times. I'm getting a little gun shy. I always thought , if it works once it should work an million times.
If I have the time tonight I'll try moving the MOD files to see if that makes any difference.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back