Old Skin Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
William, that's Zhuhai with a texture update available from No-Grip :)
(btw I'll sort out those standalones for you as well)

WIP:

toledov3-3.jpg

toledov3-4.jpg

toledov3-5.jpg

These versions are available here, although they're not final.

I have a standard install and mine crashes as soon as a new session starts. I just say it is Simbin and Steam trying to make babies with us (Swear words removed) They are coming from behind, taking us from the rear, rotating threads us, you get the idea!! I have had issues with this game from the start. I give up with Simbin and hope that rFactor fix the mess that Simbin have made of such a great game series. Really yellow watered off, I think they are taking the defecation and saying it is roses.

rFactor 2 will hopefully fulfil our needs and Simbin can sit and wonder why they made a penis of it all. Sad really when you think that Simbin started the whole Sim Racing thing. Nothing was as good in it's day as GTR, GTR2, GTL then they released the pant swinging hebeegeebies that is RACE. A farce a total waste of time. Take care of you and yours.

I have the same issue with all custom skins and online racing... this didn't start with the latest patch but some time after, and I have no idea, I get it on my system under Vista 32bit, Vista 64bit, Windows 7 64bit...

I have also had this. I would select the skin and then a minidump. Reboot everything and select the same skin and it would work. Sometime this would happen 2 or 3 times before it would work. It actually happened Tuesday night in Simons S2000 race. The Sprint went fine, but when we went over too the Feature minidump. Rebooted selected the skin again and it worked..????

Very strange.

• Ariff Roose

So, what I understand it is, that you have to create your skin (complete with the .car file) and upload it so that people can upload and use it. Correctumundo?

What if, the person who uploads it ie. Me, and no-one uploads it, can i still use it?:dazed:

Sorry!!

ok guys... try this:

go to your Race 07 install, usually: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\usernamehere\race 07

then go to your GameData folder and rename the Locations folder to say xxLocations then restart the game and see if you get crashes when selecting a custom skinned cars when joining an online server. If you have no problems as I did on any server running a stock SimBin track please post here...

P.S. I did find that you need to change the selected skinned cars to actually get the crash... i.e. joined WTCC 2007 server > BMW > then clicked a few different skinned cars and crash! till I removed the add-on tracks... then all good. I have an idea what to do if this works for you guys... otherwise what I have done on my 3 installs my be a fluke and not last...

• Julian Racer

Hello, I´d like to know if there is an easy way to import skins from GTL to GTR Evolution. Is there any program or something like that?
As you may see, my knowledge is limitated, even though I know where to put the files correctly.

Thank you!

• Lars Eklund

Hi,

My feeling are that it's to many skins in Customskins folder. Try to move a bunch (50-100) skins somewhere else and try again. For me it's working. I have around 350 customskins, left after move.

//Lasse

Unfortunally the Link to Ben's BVM Seat Leon is down and i'd like to download this great looking car. Could you please re-upload the car?

FuzziOn, i like the "chaotic style" ;) of your carskins. It's a very special and own look.

Thx & greetings
Ernie

Volvo S60 Spar Nord

Code:
http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1359

Attachments

• capture_2009-07-27_17-30-24.jpg
    capture_2009-07-27_17-30-24.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 203
  • capture_2009-07-27_17-31-27.jpg
    capture_2009-07-27_17-31-27.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 167