Old rFactor Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
F1Season2flyerv640.jpg
Welcome to the new Formula Pro Championship at RaceDepartment.com.

After weeks of speculations, the news is finally out. RaceDepartment and PrestoGP partnered to create a new fantastic Formula One league for all its members. The newly created series will feature a World and an European Championships regulated respectively by Racedepartment and PrestoGP. Both leagues will follow the basic same structure. Most importantly all will race the Mak-Corp (MMG) F1 2007 cars for Simbin Race series (GTR-Evo).

[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK]
In addition, we are pleased to announce some fantastic prizes for the top 3 of the Pro World Series division as well a nifty cash prize for the winning team.

List of all prizes:
FPWS: Drivers' Championship
• 1st place driver: Logitech G27* racing wheel or an Intel i7 920 processor (winner's pick)
• 2nd place driver: Logitech G35* headset
• 3rd place driver: Logitech Gaming Headset G330*

FPWS: Teams' Championship
$100 (US dollars) cash prize to the winning team (paid to the team owner)

Join us for the fun!!

For all league details visit -> link

League forum -> link

This video is a LONG LONG time coming. We had to overcome some major road blocks since it was originally planned. However, better late than ever. The next few ones are much closer to be released and their quality only improves :cool:

Tim Hogendoorn is behind the camera and Keith Barrick is making his debut on the mic, he is a little nervous, so please show him your support (and yes we will get him a better mic)!!

Great job Tim and Keith!! Thank you for all your efforts.

Finally, that video would not have been possible without Ventis' help!! Thank you!!!

Enjoy guys!!

Thanks everyone. Wish I couldve produced better quality sound, but my cat chewed through a $150 headset and I had to use a Mic I bought for 1$.

I will have a new headset before Bahrains highlight video.

Big thanks to Eric K for everything hes done for myself, and all the simracers here at RD.

Eric you are the man!

Keith

FormulaProWorldSepangflyer.jpg

Sepang, what a track!!! High-speed corners with some exciting passing zones added to the adrenalin. What’s more exciting than Sepang? Qualifying in the wet – nice! With only a very narrow window at the end of Q1 to run a clean fast lap, many drivers including the author were caught in the middle of traffic, resulting in the inability to advance to Q2. Without further adieu, the Pro World Series round three results at Bahrain are as follows:

FPWS Pro Division sees Jamie Blewitt on top of the podium with a total race time of 1h28m47secs. Following just 8secs behind is Ventis Didrihsons, and another 32secs behind Ventis is Peter Duivelaar. With this, the Pro Division has an interesting driver standings with Arno and Ventis tied for the lead! The competition is close!

Driver Standings Season FPWS: S3
1. Ventis Didrihsons 88(-7)
2. Jamie Blewitt 84(0)
3. Peter Duivelaar 55 (-8)

FPWS Semi-Pro Division is getting impressively competitive! Clearly there are some new fast guys in town, and the McLaren camp, once dominant is falling behind. Tricky dual diffusers by the other teams or is it just too much drinking and partying by the bickering McLaren racers? Think back to the days of Alonso/Hamilton rumors and it may shed some light on the situation. Standing at the top of the podium is Kevin Ledoux who is in some serious jeopardy of getting shoved into the Pro-division Kevin is consistently fast – very fast finishing a full 1m07secs ahead of the veteran Joao Andias. Rounding out the podium is Ivo Simons 1m09secs behind Joao.

Driver Standings Season FPWS: S3
1. Joao Andias 80 (-5)
2. Ivo Simons 80 (0)
3. Kevin Ledoux 70 (0)

Look there's my Red Bull.... right before it had its suspension broken on turn 2 lap 1 :frown:

Yeah agree Konrad, definitly my favourite track of the season so far. The flow was great! Loved the right right's (7&8), held my breath everytime I hit the first apex, wrestling the car to stay on the road for the next turn.

Still a few more weeks of patience is required before the race of the year will start. On Saturday June 5th 40 of the best sim racing teams in the world will fight a heroic battle in a 12 hour race on the legendary Circuit de la Sarthe.

As you can see below some teams have already been spotted on the track for private test sessions. See The Black Rebels pilot Ivo Simons behind the wheel of his "LM"GT1 Aston Martin DBR9 in a flying lap preparing for his 12 Hours of Le Mans race.

There are still a few spots left for top teams and drivers that would like to participate. Click here to read all about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 95 91.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 17 16.3%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 29 27.9%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 36 34.6%