Old RBR Articles (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium

Zaxxon released the v1.0 version of his track Olocau-Gátova for Richard Burns Rally. Made with Bob's Tracks Builder it's another masterpiece for rally lovers!

Zaxxon commented on the release: "At the end of last summer my brother and I took a car and had a nice time driving on roads near the town where we were born. We were looking for a track to model and the route from Olocau to Gátova was exactly what we were looking for: narrow, twisty and the typical look from our homeland. So it is not a real rally stage, it is just a nice place 20Km away from where I was born."

Click here to download the track

everything worked out here, a nice French guy sent me my login information, just tried it and it works! Now I only have to figure out which carclass we are using to do some minutes on the track (oops it's many tracks, oh dear) tonight after the footie (Germany up 2:0 against the Aussies, go Warren, go! You can have yer revenge on track on Monday, promise :) )

Done some tests and man it's hard to master and get the feel of it. Some cars (the Toyota) has a sun shield on the window sometimes hiding some part of the track making it very difficult to see what's ahead. Tried it and also the Peugeot but always ended up off road and with a broken window. Do understand it takes some more practise to learn before entering any event.... :redface:

Try running camhack to change the position of the camera mate..

Click on the option in the RSCentre before you load up the game.

Then when you're on track, press the * button on your keypad.
Now you can use the "+" and "-" keys to move forward and back and I think it's the "8" and "2" keys for up and down and "4" and "6" for left and right.

To save the setting press control and a number (I use "3").

That way the setting should be saved for that car now.

I think thats' how the thing works. If Warren or someone wants to correct me, feel obliged!

I always check my view offline, before I start the rally proper though.

oi oi oi, lovin' it! tried two rides and three stages, kept the wiry little spectators busy :) couple more questions:

do we play with cumulative damage (you don't want to see the stat my poor ride was in at the end of that Aussie stage ...)?
how do i get to change the brake bias? on the screen there is brake strength front when i move the arrow down, i get to brake strength rear, I can see the break bias a little to the right, but how do i get there? arrow right doesn't do the trick, neither does arrow left or arrow further down?
for the tarmac stage i'd like my ride harder, which settings do i have to toggle and in which direction to get the best results?

also i need to fiddle with the ffb in my thrustmaster settings, very little response from RBR, I played a little mcrae dirt1 over the week and there i can feel the ground way better, even though the physics are so far worse than richard's.

see you tomorrow night 21.00 CEST (GMT+2), hope I do not forfeit a stage by mistake ...

my times will probably be a minute or so slower, two minutes on the longer stages, lol.

Eckhart von Glan;551553 said:
do we play with cumulative damage (you don't want to see the stat my poor ride was in at the end of that Aussie stage ...)?
No cumulative damage.

how do i get to change the brake bias? on the screen there is brake strength front when i move the arrow down, i get to brake strength rear, I can see the break bias a little to the right, but how do i get there? arrow right doesn't do the trick, neither does arrow left or arrow further down?
Brake bias is adjusted via brake pressures, change those.

EDIT: tried the cam hack thing now. The sensitivity is ridiculous, i press + once, I'm 10 metres in front of the car. I think I'll stick with bumper cam

So many questions Eckhart, but at least you didn't mention the soccer again. :eek: :redface: :frown: :tongue:

I'll try to answer a few for now.

do we play with cumulative damage

Hell no, not at this stage, if ever. We wreck the cars enough already on each stage. :wink:

how do i get to change the brake bias? for the tarmac stage i'd like my ride harder, which settings do i have to toggle and in which direction to get the best results?

This is where we need Rick's setup school. For Brake Bias, in the car set up screen, under Brakes, adjust the pressures for front and rear until you see the bias reading below getting to what you want. Just hit enter on the one you want to change, use the arrows to adjust it, then hit enter again to move to the next setting.
For Ride Height, it's under Geometry, Strut Platform height, you can adjust the front and back separately.

Check the Manual, there is a lot of info about car set up in there.

i need to fiddle with the ffb in my thrustmaster settings, very little response from RBR,

There are useful tips in this thread, top post.

http://www.racedepartment.com/richard-burns-rally/30807-no-ffb-rbr-my-g25.html

I ran into a problem when running Joux Plane after Cote D'Arbroz II. Even though I switched to (Normal,Good,Day) for Joux Plane it appears that the (Normal, Light Fog, Day) settings from Cote D'Abroz II persist even though the parameters are correct. It appears to be foggy when running Joux Plane and in the Ford Fiesta it's nearly impossible to drive. It happened yesterday and I thought it was a fluke, but it happened again today. Had to exit rsrbr2010 and restart the session to get it to clear up.

When running the event is it possible for me to exit rsrbr2010 after Joux Plane and then pick up again for Cote D'Abroz II without causing any problems?

Steve Emmons;551593 said:
When running the event is it possible for me to exit rsrbr2010 after Joux Plane and then pick up again for Cote D'Abroz II without causing any problems?

I've noticed this happening during off-line sessions too, seen it in the past.
However, it doesn't seem to happen during the on-line event, so you won't need to exit and return.

I've not tried to exit and return during an on-line event, but you should be ok to do that if you have to, just make sure you don't miss the next session.

Senad Subasic;551611 said:
Geez people, stop practicing! I'll have to practice too then, but I don't have the time :(

Not to worry...:D I'll bet my finish rate is only 1 out of 5 tries, and even then my times aren't anything to brag about. These new cars seem to have some real handling quirks, er challenges:), and I constantly find myself out in the woods or over a cliff for unknown reasons.:) Seems to involve brakes and/or bumps... Some setup work would probably help, but don't have the time atm...:)

Warren, a quick question.

What is the default time you get allocated for noiker if you retire? Just hoping it's not 9.55 as I can't manage to beat that in practice.

Cheers

I'm sure you'll all be happy to know I'm giving those french cars a miss this time. My wife came and threatened to take my peugeot cap off me if I wrecked another one.

I certainly hope it's a lot. Would seem to me to be a waste of time if i run the whole stage, within a reasonable time of course, and then get given a default time that's less even tho i managed to finish it without wrecking my car.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back