Old Racing Club threads

2006-Porsche-911-997-GT3-Cup-SA-1280x960.jpg

We are setting up some races for the coming saturdays in december 2009.

When there are sufficient drivers and enough interest we will continue in the next year.

The races will be held on saturdays. (X-mas let it be X-mas)

Upcoming saturday we'll hope to held a race (our first race) on Spa with the Porsche GTR3 cup.

Servername : RACEDEPARTMENT.COM GTR2

Class
: Porsche GT3-cup
Track : Spa-Francorchamps GP 2004
Weather: Dry

Event start :20:00 GMT.

Practise : 20 minutes
Qualification : 20 minutes
Warm-up : 5 minutes
Race : 20 laps

Notes: about 45 minutes race with a mandatory pitstop, and standing start.

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

We'll hope to see a lot of you.

Qualy: Nice idea to make it in the dark. I had to make the lights off in my room that i see the track. :th_cool:

Race: After the restart start from P6, get a good Start and was before Au rouge on P3. After first round then behind Rickard on P2, follow him one more lap till he had a little slide which give me the chance to go through.
Then only nice racing on Spa - great. :car:
After stop (changed only tyres) i gave me target to lap freddy to be full motivated last laps. That works and finish on P1 :first:.

result:

Attachments

• 28.11. Porsche GT3 Spa.jpg
    28.11. Porsche GT3 Spa.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 225
Well i enjoyed that blast around Spa it was great fun with the Porsche Club Cars, not my favorite Porsche but they were enough to wet the appetite for some more races.

I got off to a good start and soon made it up to 3rd but soon started to drop back a bit from the front 2 and by half distance i was 10 seconds off from P2 and being closed down from behind so at the end of lap 10 i pitted which went as smooth as silk, in and out with 4 new tyres fitted and rejoined in 7th place but soon dropped to 8th at les combes as i got caught on cold tyres. But as other started to pit i started gaining places and before long i was back in 3rd. I tried hard to keep up with the car in front and even hit a pb of 2:27.716 but it was still not enough so with a 14 second gap to James behind me and with only 3 laps to go it was looking good for a podium until tiredness took over and i stuffed it up at eu rouge :disapointed: Recovered in 5th place and was holding that until casper tail ended me at les combes and send me flying into the wall so i limped around trying to make it to the finish only for the same casper to pass me at the bus stop as i struggled to brake with a somewhat damaged Porsche, so 6th it was.

Nice to see such a good turnout for the return of GTR2 so here is hopeing for more of the same next time.
Thnx all. :good:

Sorry for logging as KampferAs, was first RD event with GTR2.

I seemed not to be able to complete a lap without getting dropped or CTD'd ... I was running a fresh install that was about 3 weeks old with no mods and just 1 addon track...

maybe better luck next time...

Wow what a awsome sim GTR2 are, had the best evening in a long time:clap:
Gratulations to the podim takers and most of all to Andreas Löffler who where flying in a pace of his own:highfive:

Could not get it right in Q so I got 5th on the row, then after restart had I moved up to 2nd, so I had a good start and could get up in the front, it did not take long until Andreas car was up my tail. and I never even thought of defending as it was to big difference in race pace, Could keep the 2nd and stretch out distance to 3rd before the stop, Then into pit for some tyres, but it was a long time since my last pit in GTR2, and even if I had trained it some hour before the race, was it all a mess, first did I not find right button to move arrow up and down on the pitboard. lol had the gas set to 0, witch made me to start work to get the 67 litres who was in preset to 0. yeah... I now know that you only need less gas then you already have in tank, to not have anything filled in.
Was out in 6th position and could move up to 4th due to others mistaces, But James who was 7 sec in front of me directly after pit was still 7 sec ahead at the finnish line, 8 laps where I not lost or gained more then +-0.3 sec/lap
I also got me a pb in the race with a 2.27.4xx :woop:

Good fight there James! even if there was some distance betwwen us:highfive:

Thanks Bram,Stefan and Racedepartment for giving us this great sim back:clap::clap::clap:
I am redy for the next event:highfive:

Wow what a awsome sim GTR2 are, had the best evening in a long time:clap:
Gratulations to the podim takers and most of all to Andreas Löffler who where flying in a pace of his own:highfive:

Could not get it right in Q so I got 5th on the row, then after restart had I moved up to 2nd, so I had a good start and could get up in the front, it did not take long until Andreas car was up my tail. and I never even thought of defending as it was to big difference in race pace, Could keep the 2nd and stretch out distance to 3rd before the stop, Then into pit for some tyres, but it was a long time since my last pit in GTR2, and even if I had trained it some hour before the race, was it all a mess, first did I not find right button to move arrow up and down on the pitboard. lol had the gas set to 0, witch made me to start work to get the 67 litres who was in preset to 0. yeah... I now know that you only need less gas then you already have in tank, to not have anything filled in.
Was out in 6th position and could move up to 4th due to others mistaces, But James who was 7 sec in front of me directly after pit was still 7 sec ahead at the finnish line, 8 laps where I not lost or gained more then +-0.3 sec/lap
I also got me a pb in the race with a 2.27.4xx :woop:

Good fight there James! even if there was some distance betwwen us:highfive:

Thanks Bram,Stefan and Racedepartment for giving us this great sim back:clap::clap::clap:
I am redy for the next event:highfive:

Hehe i was almost out of fuel as my car was starting to stutter through last turn.

BMW vs Porsche @ Magny Cours - Sat December 5th 2009

bmw_m3_05.jpg

Servername : RACEDEPARTMENT.COM

Class : BMW M3 GTR AND Porsche GT3 RSR (or against)
Track : Magny-Cours 2003 GP
Weather: Dry

Event start :20:00 GMT.

Practice : 25 minutes
Qualification : 20 minutes
Warm-up : 5 minutes
Race : 40 laps

Notes: Make your own race/pitstop strategy. It's a standing start at daylight.

Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Entry list

1. Claudiu Ciocanau
2. Piotrek Blaszczak
3. Rickard Norgren
4. Bram Hengeveld
5. Sebastien Bortoli
6. Paulo Ribeiro
7. Dario Jagar
8. Jim McGhee
9. Hannu Karesola
10. Driver
11. Driver