Old Monza slow down

I'm getting massive slow down while viewing the replay on this track.
It drops from 100+ frames per second to 15 or 25 fps on certain parts of the track.
Is this a known bug or just the fact that the games in beta and lacks optimization on certain /all tracks?

Thanks for your help

Here are my in game settings:

resolution 1980 x 1080
single screen
full screen rendering
No vsync
4x filtering
2x anti aliasing
fast ant aliasing off
motion blur 2
cube map res low
2 faces per frame

My PC specs:

i7 930 @3.8ghz
12gb triple channel ddr3 ram
128gb samsung ssd
gtx 660 2gb sli (sli doesn't seem to work)
corsair HX 750 power.

I dont have this problem and my PC config is lower than yours.
I run the game at around 80-90fps...sometime in replay it caps at about 100fps not lower than when i play but higher.
But because sometimes feels like it has less fps than it really does,i`ve check the Vertical Sync and that caps the game at 70fps...no matter if i play it or i watch replay.
No stuttering or tearing image....smooth play.
Game Visual settings are like this:

ScreenShot038_zps3c9fd4aa.jpg

ScreenShot037_zps6d168193.jpg

I've just reinstalled and noticed a few things.
1. The frame rate is slightly better in the areas where slow down occured.
2. I now see "check points" in the challenge mode (this never happened before!)
I think this may have something to do with the fact that I had the tp installed before and even though I'd uninstalled it prior to this release, I hadn't deleted the "Assetto Corsa" folder from my documents.

Just to recap, the frame rate is slightly better, it still slows down in places and I can't get SLI to work!

I get a dip when I drive through a shadow at the first long right hand curve (Grande?) at Monza. I also get occasional dips in replays down to the 30 which looks to me like vsync just halving the frame rate. Otherwise is runs smooth as silk. Not so sure how performance will be affected by a lot of other cars on track though.

Try turning shadows detail to the lowest setting, with it on medium my fps is 100-110, on very low it's 150-160..pretty big fps hit. I think it looks better with it on very low too. But on the replay in that problematic corner it dips to 50fps.

I think it needs better LODs for the objects because the camera is far and to many objects that dont use or are not set to use LOD from that distance.
It will be a killer corner for 20+ cars not to mention the one that wants to wach the replay hehe...but there is time to improve performance.
Optimization is the last step i belive...there is no point on doing it over and over again if there are stil things to add...i mean its alot of work to keep optimizing everything.

Strangely the only reason its an issue is also a big compliment to the small team at Kunos....the game looks so bloody amazing you don't want there to be any slow down while you're enjoying the fantastic visuals!!
But yes Dinca you are correct. I agree, optimizations will make a big difference!

in video.ini (documents/assetto corsa/cfg) there's a voice, WORLD_DETAIL=5 ; 0 to 5
try watching a replay after changing it to 4 or 3...

The problem is not the number of objects or triangles... it's just too many pixels to be written!!! (fillrate)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.