oil temps and water temperature

hi all,
im pretty good with setup but i have no clue at what point the engine blows if too hot.
what should i be looking at? oil temp? water temp?
What is the optimum and maximum temperatures i should see for both?
my car of choice is the corvette for enduracers. any accurate info much appreciated.
Thanks
Andrew

Engine lifetime is affected half by rpm and half by temps. The lifetime is in seconds, so every second the motor is running above the safe limits, the count goes down by 1. If you exceed the safe limit by a set amount, then the lifetime damage happens at twice the rate. Exceed by twice the set amount and the damage happens at 4 times the rate.

With that knowledge, you can quickly see that what's safe for a 15 minute sprint is not safe for a 1 hour race or a 24 hour endurance event.

Unfortunately, Enduracers encrypted the physics, so I can't tell you what's safe and how much of a margin there is.

Edit: there's also a random component to the base lifetime. The mod maker may or may not use it and, if they use it, they may be conservative or wild.

Buy Dash Meter Pro and install it on an android device of your choice. Then you can monitor all the relavant parameters in real time.
You can monitor the oil & water & brake temps in the official built-in HUD, too, but what you won't know is what max temp you should aim for until you blow an engine or experience brake fade.

The CarStat tool will unlock the info you are looking for. I think @TheLichten has taken over developing it
Heres an example

unknown.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back