Offline Race Season

I know, I know... I should be racing online.

But still, I want to learn how to drive in traffic first. I agree that AI is way different than human drivers, but with zero, zero experience with driving in traffic, I'd rather not piss someone off. Anyways, does anyone run 100% Track Default for race length or is it just my crazy self?

My current settings:

Strict Ruleset
- Time Scaling: Normal
- Race Length: 100% Track Default
- Race Start Time and Start Type: Track Default

AI Tweaks
- Aggression: 40%
- Skill: 90%
- AI Limiting: 0.1 (as opposed to 1)
- AI Mistakes: 0.25 (as opposed to 0)

If you're curious, I started sim racing Tuesday 2 weeks ago.

You should. Get together with some guys, and drive for a couple of hours. Maybe on a small track. Just drive, switch places, try to push to see how it reacts (remember, online cars also reacts different from offline cars). Try to block, pass, drive side by side. Even though you get some confidence in offline driving, it is a totally different story online. Most people I know mess up the first time. I even got banned for two races in a league back in 2004... The skodas that was in the club before was good for this kind of learning, hopefully there will be another "easy" race soon :)

I will get my copy next week, but what I will try to do in my first couple of online races is:

-Practice , so I'll have an idea of my track times.
-NOT qualify and start last on the grid, trying to fight my way up car by car.

I think this is gonna be the best way for me to learn racing against others. When starting the race in the middle of the pack seems dangerous to me with no experience at all.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back