Official RACE 07 Demo - Review it here please

• Hackett

After getting extremely frustrated with the whole controller setup/profile issues I was having. I, on a hunch decided to export the "Fixed" profile I got from Warren to rectify the quirkyness from RACE -post cat' patch and voila! (Also the setups from RACE also work inside RACE 07, Although with the '07 cars it's not quite as good as the default setups, but can not see any problems using for the '06 lineup when retail ships.)

The responsiveness is even more precise than on RACE, and apart from getting used to less FFB I was finally able to try out RACE 07. and at 1280x1024 and 4x FSAA with all textures, whistle and bells on max. it was an enjoyable experience.

I talked to a friend of mine, a self confessed console addict, on his opinions with the controller setups, and after hooking up one of his Xbox game-pad controllers to my PC, and testing out RACE '07 he confirmed my suspicions that the controller profiling was more geared and user friendly to analogue game-pad controllers than generic wheels, not listed in the preset profiles.

So if the profiles remain unchanged on retail. I now have at least a profile I can load up from the start and run around, without waiting for some "Fix" to be posted.

Brad.

enjoyed it so far. will be interesting to see how the f3000 in the demo equates to the finished article. a little off topic but does anyone have a formula force gp and managed to feedback to work in demo. ive raced with it so long now i cant corner well without it. (everything feels distant and unresponsive)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back