ODDE to Mercedes

I have noticed that Lewis is off the ball is 2022 and this is because of F1. At the end of 2021 teams have wind tunnel time associated by constructors. The worst team HASS gets a lot of time and Mercedes gets the least. Like Basketball worst team gets first pick of trading players. 2022 is a new Airo concept so you cant carry anything over from last year. And Mercedes run a long wheelbase that has a limited rake (Tires are further apart so you cant lift back as much because maximum angle is to shallow. Aston martin copied them and is doing the same. Short wheelbase is the norm and with tracks where car is turning a lot and straights are generally short this is best. This is the evolution of F1. Look at Jaques Villeneve won tittle at Williams when the team was good and then they went backwards. He never won another tittle. Damon Hill got tittle and joined Arrows a small team with a lot of promises and it was a joke, Apart from Hungary where he won. And then he was of to Jordan a good team in financial problems that lead to lack of performance. The end of the day when a team dominates the sport they get all the missiles launched at them to slow them down and give other teams a chance.

Every F1 designer builds a dud at some point.
Adrian....good as he is now, had a few also.
This seems to be James'
Only time will tell but it is not looking good so far.
Drivers look like bobble-head dolls everywhere on circuit.

So George Russell is running a shorter wheelbase Mercedes with more windtunnel testing then as he is currently fourth in the standings? /sarcasm
No he has a long wheelbase but is faster for unknown reasons. Maybe better people in his Garage. At some point he will be team leader. Maybe Lewiss is a development driver trying new innovations.

Last edited:
To add to that, didn't Mercedes say their wind tunnel test results were excellent and that's why they're scratching their heads?
I recall hearing about Jenson at BAR the car model filliped upside down in wind tunnel. Then he won at Hungary where down-force is king. Just because someone runs sims at home dose not mean they car drive a F1 car. They may have some skill set to build on though.

I pondered this yesterday. If Mercedes fall backwards in constructors they will earn wind tunnel time in winter. To make things better. If a Basketball team is bottom in the standings they dump players and get a chance to get big name talent with early picks. The wind Tunnel is the same. HASS is good because they had a lot of time in Tunnel and they have K Mag to lead team as a experienced driver. Regulations are put in place to hurt teams that got it right the previous year. Lets face it domination boars people and many loose interest in the sport because of it. So you have to shake things up now and then to keep teams on their toes.

Every F1 designer builds a dud at some point.
Adrian....good as he is now, had a few also.
This seems to be James'
Only time will tell but it is not looking good so far.
Drivers look like bobble-head dolls everywhere on circuit.
The Aerodynamics is what separates a good team from a bad team. And is the hardest thing to get right. Designers are the people who really make the car perform.

To add to that, didn't Mercedes say their wind tunnel test results were excellent and that's why they're scratching their heads?
Putin a car in a wind tunnel is not the same as putting on a track. As a team you need to lie to look good. You don't trash team or driver or individuals. Hows the car Toto "Its a Pice of S**T" Though Lewis is critical of strategy and team direction. And i think he should not be public about if for the world to hear over radio. Its not Politically correct.

I really wonder how much a headache that must give after a full race.
I remember how I felt after a particularly long rally segments with big undulations years back.
It sucked....hard.
This cannot be any fun for George or Lewis.
The constant compression and release has to be really hard on the lower back.
With the rally jumps we at least have the seat and the loose ground to dampen some of the impact.
Those big wheels in the new era certainly do not help in the snubbing.

I saw Mr Shovelin the designer of Mercedes on UTUBE. He says the problem is weight. The car like many others are above the minimum weight. This is why Williams stripped paint off at Imola. It is hard to put you're head around how light the chassis has to be. And how teams will fight to loose minuscule amounts of weight in any way they can. Good News is we are going to Monaco a track that is all about down force and grip and very slow. With no real need for Airo. Remember DC in a McLaren held up by Bernoldi in a Arrows. So as much as i dislike the Principality track it gives a shot to the smaller teams who are struggling everywhere else.

You can't really have your cake and eat it. Mercedes are never to blame for agreeing to regulations against their benefit and being unwilling to adapt to change?

Hamilton is not to blame for having a driving style that suits cornering in higher gears?

Although I agree on the FIA doing a terrible job regarding porpoising, safety and fair sport.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.