Sell oculus rift

Make sure you have super computers if you want any sort of eye candy and non capped FPS.
I have a DK2 and only found out recently my FPS was 37.5 instead of 75, lowering settings brought it back up to 75, but seriously looks terrible versus eye candy of a monitor.

You have been warned lol

Its a boxed latest version Oculus Rift Touch Bundle (2x Touch Controllers & 2x Sensors) £280 +p+p cost me £399
Includes Oculus Touch controllers. does not include Xbox One Wireless Controller
Rift (w/cable and new facial interface);Sensor x2;Touch controllers

Personal opinion: if you aren't sim racing in VR then you're doing it wrong. I think it's utterly incredible.
Don't shoot me!
gone back to trackir as i my rigs set up in me front room in rift mode its its a bit of a faff for me to for example pause make cup o tea answer the door,all types of rift unrelated life things involve removing headset etc etc
track ir is easier to live with
so near on 400 quid for something i only really used occationally is a bit overkill
+ i have a 10 bit monitor which cost a mint too which was waisted if you know what i mean

gone back to trackir as i my rigs set up in me front room in rift mode its its a bit of a faff for me to for example pause make cup o tea answer the door,all types of rift unrelated life things involve removing headset etc etc
track ir is easier to live with
so near on 400 quid for something i only really used occationally is a bit overkill
+ i have a 10 bit monitor which cost a mint too which was waisted if you know what i mean
I was trying to help you sell it..! :p

VR has changed my simracing life and imstill on dk2! Its absolutely the best thing to happen in my simracing life since switching from console to pc. I hated the drop in res at first, aswell as the restrictions pointed out by OP but nothing compares to the immersion that you get in VR. NOTHING!!
THIS IS A STEAL, SOMEONES GONNA BE HAPPY!!!!
P.s, im broke.

I don't have a good enough PC. :(
Or spare socks. :roflmao:
I'm more than happy hitting 45fps for sim racing and letting ASW work its magic. In fact, I limit the framerate to 45fps so that it never jumps to native 90fps.
YMMV of course, some people hate the minor artifacts that ASW can create, but I find it absolutely fine. It lets me max all the eye candy out.
(i5 6600k, 980Ti, both stock)

Tried VR with a DK2 and was hooked. Yes screens are better quality and more crisp but i couldn't race without VR now. I have i5-6600k 1060 6GB and with supersampling upto 1.5 i am still get 70fps. It works fine for me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back