Oculus Dev Kit V.2

Awesome, I think I might hold out for the higher resolution models. But the price isn't bad at all
I don't know that the consumer version will have a higher resolution, that would mean using a higher resolution than HD 1080.

I'm very, very tempted by this version. Let us know how you get on Pete! Or will I just go to the back.. No I'll wait... Or will I?

Upvote 0
I will hold out for the consumer version but, either way - it'll be a long wait. Must avoid all reviews of DK2 . . . (hands over eyes while singing loudly) . . . lah lah lah lah lah . . .:)

Upvote 0
WOuld be great if the consumer version would feature HD for each eye.
That would be a whopping 3840x1080, and you need very custom build screens for it.
But I would expect most currunt videocards would have problems rendering 2 seperate screens at 60fps.
A 2560x1440 screen would be more within reach, making it 1280x1440 for each eye.
Screens with those resolution are getting more mainstream in smartphones also.

Upvote 0
Well that's a load of BS. My Rift will be going on Flea Bay before the box is even opened. Letting Farcebook get their hands on it is a big problem. Zuckerberg is a proper scumbag, in bed with the NSA etc as well as being a thieving scumbag.

I can't believe anyone from Oculus thought it was a good idea, all they have done is sell there soul to the Devil, and i want no part of anything that has the stench of FB on it.

Congratulation Oculus, you have just singlehandedly ruined the Rift.

Upvote 0
Love it or hate it, it's purely a business decision and if you were at Oculus and FB came along with a monster offer I'm sure you wouldn't say no.
Personally I'm not happy about it and think it really could ruin the reasons why we supported the kickstarter project in the first place but only time will tell.

Upvote 0
If Oculus is allowed to follow through with their vision as Palmer Luckey said in his responses on Reddit, we should still get the CV1 as planned. They may even be able to make their own display custom tailored to the Rift along with other pieces but, I still am concerned for the long-term implications of them having investors to answer to that know little to nothing about gaming.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its a kick in the balls to the people who kickstarted this product because it was advertised to be used as a gaming device. I'm pretty sure FB will somehow turn it into some kind of social media thing, especially as all Mark Zuckerberg talked about was social media.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back