Cars objects out of place when loading car models in 3dsimED3/kseditor

often in kseditor or blender the fbx, or kn5, file will load in with various parts of the car positioned randomly around the place. In particular, in 3dsimed, the drivers door of the kunos porsche 2017 rsr is out of place and I can't get it back. it Doesn't seem to matter if it is a modded car or original kunos model, and as best as I can tell it is all random.
I suspect many of you have come across the same problem before so I am wondering what I am missing???
Mostly I use 3dsimed as it has been infinitely more successful for me than ksEditor. I only play around with assetto corsa the two photos will show you what I mean

I have only been doing any modding for the last couple of months and have no experience with computer design before so I am open to all your intelligent minds from all the years of experience and wisdom you will have, thank you
I hope to hear back from you soon

Attachments

• rsr ksEditor.png
    rsr ksEditor.png
    500.6 KB · Views: 130
  • rsr 3dsimED3.png
    rsr 3dsimED3.png
    389.1 KB · Views: 189
I haven't used 3dsimed, but I have seen this in Blender when loading fbx files. I assumed it had something to do with transforms on those objects in the original program using parameters that were not saved in the file, or not recognized when opened in Blender - but that was just a wild guess. I find that while editing someone else's mesh is educational, it's also excruciating, so I mainly look on it as a way to learn what I can do better when I build my first car from scratch.

I haven't used 3dsimed, but I have seen this in Blender when loading fbx files. I assumed it had something to do with transforms on those objects in the original program using parameters that were not saved in the file, or not recognized when opened in Blender - but that was just a wild guess. I find that while editing someone else's mesh is educational, it's also excruciating, so I mainly look on it as a way to learn what I can do better when I build my first car from scratch.
thanks for the reply Beatnik. I have recently discovered that when I use the kn5 unpacker in content manager instead of the converter I was using everything turns out normal in blender and kseditor. If I had any idea whatsoever about creating a car from scratch and making my own mesh and stuff I would surely give it a go, but that is completely outside of my comprehension. I wish I knew

often in kseditor or blender the fbx, or kn5, file will load in with various parts of the car positioned randomly around the place. In particular, in 3dsimed, the drivers door of the kunos porsche 2017 rsr is out of place and I can't get it back. it Doesn't seem to matter if it is a modded car or original kunos model, and as best as I can tell it is all random.
I suspect many of you have come across the same problem before so I am wondering what I am missing???
Mostly I use 3dsimed as it has been infinitely more successful for me than ksEditor. I only play around with assetto corsa the two photos will show you what I mean

I have only been doing any modding for the last couple of months and have no experience with computer design before so I am open to all your intelligent minds from all the years of experience and wisdom you will have, thank you
I hope to hear back from you soon
Hi mate, I know this is an old thread but I believe this is the solution.

When importing your kn5 file into 3DSimED3, make sure the option 'Keep Object Nesting' is unticked. That should fix the issue of objects scattering out of place when opening with KsEditor.

Hi guys, let me start by saying that I have never had problems with the old PC, I also converted cars. when I import to 3dsimed everything is fine, I modify the car save in fbx I open the car in kseditor except in kn5. once you open the game the wheels don't move and the animation of the wheels disappears. I've never had this problem. It happens to me even if I don't modify the car just by converting 3dsimed - kseditor - assetto corsa the animation disappears I'm going crazy I ask for your help.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.