Wanted Nvidia Titan X

Not really sure. I know that if I am only gaming I don't need the X99 and that the Z170 is the way to go, but it would be nice to have the extra horsepower if I decided that I wanted to start making and edditing videos at a later date.
I do video editing with a 4790K and it works pretty fine. If you don't pretend to edit videos on a large scale it shouldn't be a problem going with a 6700.

I do video editing with a 4790K and it works pretty fine. If you don't pretend to edit videos on a large scale it shouldn't be a problem going with a 6700.
Thanks for the advice. I am 90% sure that I am going with the Z170 and the I7 6700K. Just like to play around and see what the options are. When AMD releases their new chip I will toy around with that option as well. The last 2 computers I built years ago were AMD and they performed pretty well for the time (Windows ME and Windows XP).

update: (still have not found a 2nd Titan X) but have a friends Titan X for testing purposes in my system, so in SLI.
in Assetto Corsa - Spa full track with graphics at full highest, FPS never dropped under 75. (will play and test around some more)

strange things:
1) R3E - full grid (47x vehicles) full/ high graphiics
a) on Spa -> when behind the field lowest was 45ish FPS otherwise 60-70FPS or higher (mid field or up ahead high FPS)
b) on Nordschleife -> no matter where, lowest was 65FPS otherwise around or higher than 100FPS

update: (still have not found a 2nd Titan X) but have a friends Titan X for testing purposes in my system, so in SLI.
in Assetto Corsa - Spa full track with graphics at full highest, FPS never dropped under 75. (will play and test around some more)
Don't want to ruin the party, but a single GTX 1070 does the same in 2560x1080. The Titan X is a great card for professional use, but worse than a 980 Ti or 1070 for gaming.

no not at all, i got the cards for less than $440 so doesn't bother at all, and my 2nd card is for free, at least for now. can't complain right now, and enjoying being able to test around.
also Titan X did better than my old 980Ti, single GPU vs. single GPU. as for the new 1070/1080 series, i am sure they are great but don't want to spend more than $400 per card, high end GPU and those Titan X's for less than $440 is a bargain, regardless of how you look at it. (2nd GPU, might get it from my buddy for about $320-350, he used professionally)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.