Wanted Nvidia Titan X

Even the 1070 matches or even slightly outperforms the TitanX, with much lower power consumption and supporting up-to-date technologies. ;)

i have a titan x, and want to try SLI for Titan X and see how it goes, hoping to pickup a Titan X for 300-400$ US. if not will go 1080, but i am sure there will be some additional models for the 1080's in the next months to come.

got my first Titan X for $420 used on ebay, so I am just simply searching to find another used on. will be overclocking the Titan X's at a later time. simply lookiing for used Titan X and not new. no need for sarcastic comments guys. I have seen and tested with 1070 and 1080 in other system, yes new tech, less power consumption and cheaper for new GPU, all agreed on.

edit, just found this, but $$$$ (wow!) Pascal based:
http://www.techspot.com/news/65687-nvidia-announces-new-titan-x.html

But how did the 1080 perform?

I want to switch to 7680x1440 resolution but use 1 card since Raceroom doesn't support crossfire/sli.

currently, I'm 5760x1080 with a single HD6970 (comparable to a GTX 560).
I have a second HD6970 and was crossfired for a while, but why waste the power if all I play is Raceroom.

Unless Solitaire runs in crossfire :roflmao:

got my first Titan X for $420 used on ebay, so I am just simply searching to find another used on. will be overclocking the Titan X's at a later time. simply lookiing for used Titan X and not new. no need for sarcastic comments guys. I have seen and tested with 1070 and 1080 in other system, yes new tech, less power consumption and cheaper for new GPU, all agreed on.

edit, just found this, but $$$$ (wow!) Pascal based:
http://www.techspot.com/news/65687-nvidia-announces-new-titan-x.html[/QUOTu

That's the one I thought you got for $420!

will do, let me know what you would want me to test with if you don't mind, some guidance, since i have started this journey about 12-18months ago! ao any pointers greatly appreciated. (also single Titan X, have had honestly not a single problem so far in any game...never seen FPS below 60)

I was just joking around. Post your test results if you find one in the price range you are looking at. I am going to be building a new PC by the end of the year and would be interested in hearing how well it porforms in SLI.
in general now if you're building from scratch and don't already have a card you want to pair up I'd suggest a single card setup. Once upon a time SLI was a big deal and was better supported by developers and by nvidia. These days nvidia don't seem to put the effort into fixing SLI support via drivers for anything but the biggest titles.

I ran SLI happily for many years and don't get me wrong, for the right price adding a second card is a nice way to extend the life of a system but I really wouldn't ever choose it as the primary option unless I had a very specific need to. The extra cost of choosing a single gpu card with similar performance brings is worth it imo. You know you'll have your full performance available in all titles and that your card will hold a higher resale potential.

Appreciate the advice Dave. I'm going to run a single 1080 or 1070. I am on the fence with either going with the Z170 and a I7 6700K or building a X99 with a I7 5930K. Just not sure which way I want to go. Like I said earlier I won't start the build until the end of the year so it gives me time to save up.

Appreciate the advice Dave. I'm going to run a single 1080 or 1070. I am on the fence with either going with the Z170 and a I7 6700K or building a X99 with a I7 5930K. Just not sure which way I want to go. Like I said earlier I won't start the build until the end of the year so it gives me time to save up.
I've just invested in a new pre-build with 6700k and a 1080 plus I think my mb is that Gigabyte 170. Working great for me although only a week old lol

Are you planning to do only gaming or extra stuff too? (Like editing and other kind of multi-threaded tasks)

Not really sure. I know that if I am only gaming I don't need the X99 and that the Z170 is the way to go, but it would be nice to have the extra horsepower if I decided that I wanted to start making and edditing videos at a later date.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back