Nurburgring Hotlap Setup

I do not understand why people are using 100% for spring and damper settings in the thrustmaster control panel. It is my understanding these two settings should really be at 0% .
The spring setting is forcing the wheel back to the middle, higher the setting higher the force being used, which is fine when you going in a straight line but not for corners because the force is trying to centre the wheel. Damping is putting a force on how hard it is to turn your wheel, to me that should be left to the ffb.

I actually never knew that and tested it out, ty, learned something new.

well im not the best driver and im old at 56yrs young but my best time is 1:55.6 with my setup,feel free to try it.
regards wheel setup I have a fanatic csr wheel where you can adjust the wheel sensitivity,what I did was turn my wheel 180 degrees and then changed sensitivity until it matched the ingame wheel display,which was 600 degrees for me..

Hi David and thanks for getting back to me. We have a few things in common :), for starters I'm 56 as well and were both using the same wheel (I'm using the CSR Elite Ps4 wheel) I think.

I’ll try your set-up and your wheel settings to see if that helps, I was going to leave it until the next up-date comes out in October as I usually race with the rift (love it).

I’ll give it a shot and let you know how I get on :)

Does this game not accept two different imputs/controllers i.e. csr elite wheel and csr elite Pedals lc ?
I cant get my throttle/acelerator to work?

Last edited:
yes im using csr wheel and fanatic LC pedals,both on separate usb cables.
I also messed with setup a little more and I managed a 1:54.8 but it bit me in the backside a few times so not as stable.
the more I play the more im not quite sure on the physics,the way the rear once it starts to go it reminds me of how iracing used to be with those slow speed spins.like the rear tyres suddenly lose grip.

Very interesting thread, because there is very informative videos which should be useful for many of us if more "visible".
I am not a quick simracer. I am somewhere around 1:58:7 at the moment. (-20 at Grand prix legends rank). But what is sure is that I could gain 2" yesterday evening just after looking at a 1:54 lap video yesterday (before I found this thread).
So, I think that theses quick lap time videos are very informative and should not be hidden somewhere but gathered on a sticky post.

At first sight, some lap times are incredible. But I am not among those who think that there must be "liars". Just because I had the opportunity to see Grand Prix legends "aliens / Rank -80" in action "live", and the fact is that they are 6" faster as I am on about every tracks. It is a fact :confused:
I am fighting against myself only, and I am very happy if some guys can go quicker as I can do .

Why so much differences ?
First, I discovered that I was not braking properly ("full"), just by seeing that the guys turn the brakes "red" instead of "orange" :roflmao:
Second, I was for sure on a bad racing line in some places on the track. (and it is for sure always the case).
Third, I discovered that the red line is not "red", but "blue" in the lamborghini. I was not shifting properly !

It is a pity that we don't have such a wonderful tool as GPL race analyser, where we can upload replay files and compare the racing lines.
I can remember myself comparing my laps with world records in Grand Prix legends, and I have learned a lot from that. I just wish that some genius modder could provide us with such software for assetto corsa 1- 2 . It would be sooooo great.

So, a big big thank you to all quick guys sharing videos. It makes us all improve a lot as simracers . It is important and should be more "visible" on the forum.

(I didn't speak about setup, just because the quick guys at 1:52 could lap at 1:54 with 60l and base safe setup , and they are always 4" quicker as I am !!)

Well I did it lol, I finally got under the 2 minute mark with a 1:59:9 :)and that was with the base set-up, but man this game is so hard work.
Think I'll goback to R3E for a bit of fun until the next instalment comes along.

Hey all, how are you guys getting these super sub 2 minute times even with these great setups (thanks for sharing these), I can't get below the 2-minute mark, what setup i.e. steering wheels, joypads etc, are you guys using, I'm using a fanatec csl elite wheel and lc pedals, now I usually use the rift for my sim racing and I can't wait for the vr to be implemented, but I'm addicted to hotlapping for now. But I'd love to set a decent time :)
Use 80-100-100-100-15 in control panel, top to down sliders, use 1080, in CP and ingame.
Ingame settings use no more than 70%, and minimum force no less than 5, try it higher if the wheel doesn't make silly things, higher usually means little detail bumped, so more detailed FFB, but less dynamic between changes, but as it is for now better to use more minimum force.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.