Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
18812d1255689364-nsu-tt-virginia-sprint-feature-sat-17th-oct-nsu.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM
Class: NSU TT mod
Track: Virginia South (sprint) / Virginia (feature)
Conditions: 14.00 game time
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 2 x 16 laps (min 2 tyre change pitstop mandatory in feature race)
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: For those who might be new to the RD sprint / feature format we run two races of the same lapcount round 2 layouts of the same track. The first race is a sprint round the shorter layout, the second is a race including a mandatory 2 tyre pitstop round the longer circuit.
Note3: Select your NSU number at sign up, please choose a unique skin

Attachments

• nsu.jpg
    nsu.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 421
So i reinstall my systems.First i install vista 32 nothing , next i instal XP , nothing.Anyone who use vista 32 please tell me what i must downlad to play on multiplayer.When in join to another server with different cars i have this same problem.I chose Ford Falcon and when everything is loaded i see MINI :(.
THX for eny solution

Another strange things.When i start in single player cup everything is ok i won 2 cup buy new cars everything fine but when i restart the game or try to join some servers new cars dissapear with my money.
What a mess

I have a: Radeon 4850 512Mb , 8Gb Ram , Audigy , G25 , Core Quad ,

Well I dont know what happend there but the race started without me ?
I was in what I thought was practice then the next session started
and my drive icon went gray and I DQ b4 I started ??

then had game crash 5 or so laps in whilst watching the race monitor ??

after all my troubles to make this race I didnt get to go:wilt:

This was a great event:)

The TT was just as sweet as I had imagined. What a great mod:good:

It wasn't too much battling tonight but I had such a good time blasting through the fast corners just thinking how great this car is:D

Thnaks for this one Stuart. Also good to see a large grid and clean racing:good:

Love Gtl

Was a fun night of racing. Off the pace for the most part but had some fun battles with Bert. Gary was running near the back with us the 1st race then race 2 he had it figured out every impressive.

I had an ok race going in race 2 then went into pit around 5th. Was stuck short of my pit stall and the car would not move forward. This went on about 1 minute then my pit board came up. Lost 7 places in the pit but got going again. I think my auto pit may be back on by mistake maybe thats the problem. Anyway at least I got to finish around 11 or 12th I think. The cars were great fun on that track but I would need allot of practice to get on pace with the front runners here. Grats to the podiums and thx again Stuart for another fun event. (consistency pays off?):go-away:

Fun fun and sometime difficult. :wink2:

Race 1:

Started 8th and had a amazing start. Got a couple of places. After a couple of laps a touched Carlos a bit and waited for him. And was 8th again. Some people had some problems and i got 4th place. With David still behind me (Since lap 3 :D) Then in lap 9th a lost all grip it looked like my tyres where destroyed but on XD it was fine. So was dropped back to place 11th.

Race 2:

Quali 8th again. Had a quit good started needed to avoid somebody who spun in front of me. After one lap i was 2th :D. But got i little tap in the first corner from Avi and that send me on to the grass. After that alot of laps behind Knut and Warren behind me. After the pitstops Warren was still behind me but got me after a couple of laps. After i followed Warren till the end of the race. 8th place.

Very fun cars but very tricky. Still getting to know GT Legends and i am glad to see that i can keep up with the pack and i enjoyed it.

Thanks for racing guys and Stuart for setting it up. :)

Well, it turned out to be fun, but for ages I thought I would never get the hang of these tricky buggers. I think the cars were quite good, just the combination with this devilish track made it very difficult.

Race 1: Started well and I was surprisingly able to match the front couple and hold down third for many laps. Unfortunately I had a spin when Stuart, Sam and I decided to brake slightly differently. I managed to sneak back to P4 and had a great last few laps with Amir and Carlos to finish P4.
Grats to Stuart, minimum errors was the way to go.

Race 2: Back to my usual scrappy start and fell back towards the tail. As I passed lots of smoke, stranded cars, and "sorry's" , I was quickly moving forward as these tricky little blighters sent others sliding off. After holding P6, I stuffed it all up with the pitstop. Guess who forgot to hit the pitspeed limiter when taking off again. I quickly remembered, but too late, and was pinged for speeding and kindly "advised" to do another pitstop. Came out P8 and finished P7 but had some close racing most of the time, especially with Ivo. :)
Grats to Gary.

All in all, it was fun, these cars are certainly different and need to be driven very carefully. They may be little, but they can sure bite.

I went in to pit in the second race and since I had never pitted before, I didn't realize that I did not have any buttons assigned to control the pitboard!!! I was just sitting there like an idiot, lolz. I just quit the race after that.

Oh well, at least I had a lot of fun in the first race and miraculously ended up in 3rd place. It will be a long time before that happens again, I'm sure.

Ivo, I thought I had spun out on my own until I saw that you were waiting on me, thanks for waiting dude.

Gary L., I'm sorry for tapping you on that right hander before the long straight during Quals in the 2nd race, I tried to stay as far towards the inside as possible to give you space, but I misjudged my speed a bit and slid out and tapped you, sorry about that.

I had connection problems whole day, so I thought that I can try to drive first race while my connection is ok. So in lap 3 everybody dissapeared and I knew that was the end. :(

I must appologise for a silly move right after the start, my wheel was turned all the way to the left, thanks to FF.

I fluked a one off lap to qual 2nd.....

Dropped to 3rd as David C. got a better start,i was happy following those 2 thinking how nice a tartan clad podium would look :D....then David spun it around gifting me 2nd place,i think it was delusions of being able to race Sammy were my downfall,and after i spun once,there really was no stopping me,there were a couple of laps im sure i spun every corner :p,last and lapped by miles :good: :woot: :p :D.

I honestly didnt even want to be there for race 2 if the truth be known....
but i noticed in qual the car felt like a different machine now with my homemade knocked up in 10secs slider bar setup,4 of us leaped off the start in unison and going in a lovely tight little battle group :good:,a bit of aggro kicked off behind me just as i had got a sweet run on Amir down the longest straight,i recovered no probs and very much enjoyed the rest of the race eventually closing down Piotr from 9secs ahead,ofcourse he kindly helped me do this with some spinny moments,when he spun again at the final turn the lead was mine,pitted around lap 11 and had the luxury of being able to do all 4 tyres for more lovely fun laps flinging the thing around a peach of a track.

Many thanks all gent racers and ofcourse Thanks Thommo and RD :good:.

Gary L., I'm sorry for tapping you on that right hander before the long straight during Quals in the 2nd race, I tried to stay as far towards the inside as possible to give you space, but I misjudged my speed a bit and slid out and tapped you, sorry about that.

Please forget it m8,not a problem at all,ofcourse within 5secs of it happening its the most serious and important thing in the world,but by around the 10secs afterwards mark its a distant memory and means nothing :).

Cya soon for more GTL action :good:.

I always look at the post event comments, but I tend not to get involved in the shenanigans too much - if I'm the one setting the event up, me saying "well that was great" could be construed as me wallowing in an orgy of self-congratulation, so I prefer to stay out of it.

And now, of course, I'm going to break that rule, and say "that was great".

That was great. :good:

I know that these cars can be a handful, and that setups can be quite a personal proposition (see Lenno's 10 sec slidey bar setup™), but I personally found Sammy's setup to be a thing of beauty.

Once I'd strapped that on, I felt even more comfortable in the car, and had a couple of cracking races, with mixed fortunes :D.

Lenno actually used le mot juste in Chat last night - he said "GTL is the purity".

Personally, I think that describes GTL extremely well - just get into a car and race without any unnecessary frills or accoutrements. Simple. Pared down. Pure.

Thanks to all who showed up last night, desperately bad luck to Lee on the petrol shenanigans - an awfully harsh way to learn that particular lesson, mate.

#*!&!! stupid 'back' button next to my arrow-keys made me loose my entire race-report :( A brief version then:
R1 Virginia-South (My preferred flavour)
Great start with Marty, but we came too close at the braking point for T1 and both spun (sorry, my car started spinning when trying to avoid you, I don't know if I hit you but I politely waited which gave me 2 more great laps in return chasing you). Then when we both made the same mistake again in T1 due to a ghost car. I had enormous difficulties rejoining the track and lost connection with the group I was following. Definitely not suited for off-road this car. I had some great chasing moments like when I caught up with Ivo and David at the end and really enjoyed the race!

R2. Despite being unable to set out a Qualifying time, I got the best opening lap ever in my GTL career: started 16th and driving in 6th pos in lap 2!
then if there hadn't been a lap 3, 6, 7, 12 and 15 I would have definitely got a podium :D Simply too many spins from my side, and it took me a while to get used to this turning/braking manouvres. Pitting went well and I had some memorable moments with Hans, David and Marty when trying to chase him down again.

Great to be back, thanks Stuart & RD. Time for a new donation and time to get ready for the league!

My race reveiw :coffee2:
Well... race 1 was a great race to watch from the pit monitor as the I fell victim the 30 time limit and around lap 5-6 I had game crash..
Race 2.. I ready up (in time) and im sat there when I suddenly realised I didnt have enough fuel with 8 seconds to go to green light,
So in a panic I went back to garage to fumble about with fuel and as I just managed to put 20 laps in the tank I went to click drive
and as as fast as the icon lit up it went gray :sad:
but i did get to see the whole race this time and you all looked
like you was having lots and lots of fun :crying: congrats to the winners

I wont be making the same mistake twice (I hope)

I wont be making the same mistake twice (I hope)

That was really bad luck Lee, especially after all the effort you put into getting to this event. Put it down to experience mate, I think we all have started in a similar way, but at least the memories will be ingrained for the future.
If you are like me, the next one will be sitting on the start line when the lights go green, and then realising you are in neutral and revving the car to death. Then of course, you forget to hit the pit limiter after your pitstop doh!!.

I hope you have a good race next time, we do have a lot of fun in GTL. :party2:

• Bert Van Waes

Race 1: Very very much the fun you can find here. I had a very good start from around 13th i think and flew to the front (GTL style, so more like crawling oc). At the end of the lap Gary was fighting me for places and i was a bit nervous there, as we had already confronted eachother in the past... The moment we went on to start/finish line out off the double righter, he could just keep the inside line but we touched and i had my little spin. When i turned around i was happy to see Gary waiting for me, and let me through the next straight. Tx Gary!! Much appreciated! :)

Awesome race with Marty, for the rest. We switched alot from positions but also kept some distance from eachother, lol, like F1 cars, pretty funny to see after the race in replay. P 7 end result

Race 2: I finished at the back and started at the back, couldn't get the quali time in. Good, cool race again with some nice fights but with the chaos in it too. i had my part and pitted too early (lap 8), only changing the rears, no fuel. Hopla, off again.
After that some great TS/ GTl moments as Stuart starts to reel me in while he's explaining a bit the different driving styles to Lee from all the other runners. I was like in a docu for a moment, awesome. I could follow his chat very well, and was like more looking around at Amir and others styles after that. Haha:)
So yeah, cool times. Last laps my feet started getting it rough in the heel/toe stuff and i had some lock ups at the rear axle...
Finished, last running position.

Good times, alot of folks for a clubber, and the gtl atmosphere. Indeed Gary, it's purity!

Tx Stuart and RD, and Sam (take care)

Hupla

What a wonderful handful these cars are.

Race 1, feeling good and off to a nice start getting ahead of Garry into second place behind Sam. I started thinking how I could follow Sam for most of the race and... spin to grass. Oh well, never mind push on and... spin to grass. Anyway, some good chasing with Ivo later on swapping positions as we both hadn't learned the lesson.

Race 2 and... yes of course, off by the first corner. Still lots of fun to be had in the longer race (and a few more off track excursions) and battled back up to 4th.

Great/infuriating cars. Just the sort of 'purity' we've come to expect.

Thanks Stu.

The race evening started very strange for me, when I started GTL it asked for a driver name? so in other words my race profile was gone!
Have to calibrate my wheel put all the sliders on the right places and so on,make a new online profile ,and yes I was in...Bud my wheel no FFB at all,if you use to that it is very strange driving with out it!

So not a good Quali, pl 14,made a good start bud as always making to many slip offs, finish pl 12,
Bud o man what a Fun is that car, in one word FANTASTIC.

After changing track, I get a CTD so start GTL again and take some time to get some FFB back in my wheel,bud Quali not good: 2.30 pl 11,again good start and the race was better then on the South,fastes time :2.23 finish place 10,
pitstop with AI was ok,only rear tyre change(I hold my breath).

It was great to see a big field of cars on the grid,and after reading the race posts I think that every body had a Great time (including me of course )

So thanks to all of you guys and to Stuart who put this together:smile-big:

and I replaced my plr file(backup!) so back to normal again.

Hans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back