1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

not available to buy on their website

Discussion in 'netKar PRO' started by Radu Oros, Mar 24, 2015.

1. I just looked over the nkpro website and I saw that neither demo (edit: mirror links are working okay for download) nor purchasing is available. I remember last year was possible but maybe since 2015 they can't sell it any more?
    I couldn't buy it anyway using CC, but I could however with steam wallet money.

This thread is more that I was curious about this.
  2. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

I think Kunos sold the publisher rights to another company as it's on Steam nowadays @Radu Oros
  3. I believe it was greenlit a long time ago but I don't think it ever made it to Steam release.
  4. Bram

5. Thanks guys. Recently I noticed they put a warning:

"netKar PRO is not available for purchase anymore. If you have purchased the software before and you need to retrieve your data, you can use the following link. If you need more activations, you can request them at the following link.

The support for online lobby will definetely expire on December 31, 2015."

6. Bram

You shouldn't purchase this game for the online racing as it's just as bugged as Assetto Corsa currently is, with exactly the same hold backs.

However the cars are amazing to drive with still, imo, the best physics around of any game to date. If you can pick up a copy somewhere to add it to your library of sim games this certainly is one that shouldn't miss out.
  7. Only wanted to try other cars than the one the demo offers, and try the simulated rain.
  8. NetKar is fun for hotlapping. I got lucky and bought my license right before they stopped offering it. I think they were selling the remaining license keys for $5 so I grabbed one.
  9. You might be able to grab it in it's final updated form (1.3) on CD off E-bay. It's well worth it.