Noob questions

The schedule shows Lime Rock/ Okayama/Lime Rock/Okayama.

After this week does it go back to Lime Rock or do they introduce a new track?

I got the Skippy, but haven't raced it yet. What would people recommend as the next best things to drive after the Mazda MX5?

I assume you're talking about the nVidia series? If you click on the series to expand it you wil lsee the dates for the races which currently are:

1 2011-05-03 20L Lime Rock Park - Full Course
2 2011-05-10 25L Okayama International Circuit - Short Course
3 2011-05-17 20L Lime Rock Park - Full Course
4 2011-05-24 25L Okayama International Circuit - Short Course

As for where to go next, thats entirely down to personal preference. When I was at that level the only real progression was the Skip Barber and I really loved it once I got used to driving it. It can be tough to get a handle on but once you got it then enjoy the four wheel drifts and handling that is very reminiscent of Grand Prix Legends. The Thrustmaster Mustang series is also a good choice and quite popular and if you buy the Mustang you'll be set to run in RD's Mustang Challenge too ;)

Thanks Kev. Think I should concentrate on the Skippy for now but as soon as the O'Clock hour arrives I cant help jumping in the Mazda for another race.

I saw the schedule but wondered if it only runs on these two circuits or maybe changes for somewhere else.

It was at Lime Rock, and Laguna. Back and forth between the two, and now I think they changed it up a bit with the new Okayama out. It would be nice to see the rookie mazda run at more than just two tracks but I hear they do this to get people use to running the car in traffic persay.

The Rookie series are constructed for people to get out of as soon as possible. They run only content that is included with the membership and only use two tracks per season. It might change between seasons though.

I guess, if you like the MX5, you can continue to drive it in the Touring Cup (have to buy Jetta as well though), but Skippy challenges you the most to improve your driving skills, which is the best option in the long run. Not sure what to think of the Mustang yet.

I have a question, once you are D class, the rookie class races doesn't count anymore for your MPR right?

I'm mostly doing ovals, the only road I race is NVIDIA cup and I observed I always have 4 races left to promote.

Another question is about Safety Ratings. Did a TT at Okayama with no mistakes for 30 mins but not pushing, and got +30. Also did a very difficult oval race, with no accidents, 3 or 4 overtakings, finished 3rd and got a +10. I don't get it :D

for your MPR you must drive actual license to achieve next license D for C, C for B etc

SR is calculated from CPI (corners per incidence), different on every track depending of No of corners, TTs are 33% gain, qualy 50% gain and only races 100% gain, meaning that for 30 minutes of TT you will get only 30% of what you will get in race SR wise, not anyhow dependent on overtaking and position in race, for that you have iRating

But then why a guy in the same race, who was like 7th and had also D license, made +30 in SR? He made same laps than me and at most he had same incidents I had (0x).

Is what I don't get, if you complete a full race without incidents you should get the maximum SC.

Maybe the SR is also affected by the strenght of field? I had exactly the same in a Mazda event @Okayama. I made a false start, came into the pits to serve the penalty. Drive an almost clean race with only one incident. And I gained +.35 on my SR.

(see my event at 2011-05-15 2.00pm)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back