F1 2011 NoCD F1 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys,
I didn't see if anyone has a post already about that, if so my apologize.
Just wanted to mention a few things.
I think this year Codemasters overdid the protection with the DVD PC version of the game:

1. You can't start the game mounted on a Virtual drive.Emulation detected - Please insert your original f1 2011 CD/DVD
2.I made a DVD copy 1:1 - Same. Please Insert your original DVD instead backup (1000).

I know that on PS3 its the same feeling keeping the disc all the time inserted, but we use PC and if we can use such option i don't really understand where the problem comes from.

As one buddy mentioned the point is that it is an unnecessary inconvenience and paying customers are essentially being treated like thieves and have to suffer through such silly countermeasures while those who are bent on pirating the game are enjoying a better experience than the paying customer as they don't have to worry about having the physical disk in the drive all the time.
In this day and age, when pretty much everyone is on the internet, it would be nice CM gave people the option of activating the game online via DRM so they don't have to keep a physical copy of the game in the drive at all times.

It isn't the end of the world if they don't ,but if accidentally you lose/scratch/damage your original disk.You are out.

Regards.

It isn't the end of the world if they don't ,but if accidentally you lose/scratch/damage your original disk.You are out.

Not to mention not being able to play it on a machine without a dvd drive installed. I installed it on my other desktop over the network wanting to see if I could do an online co-op game with a pal only to realize that I'd have to search for a nocd method as well. Added hassle for no reason really.

That seems pretty tough protection, I certainly wouldnt like to have to use the real disk when I play.
Swings and roundabouts I guess. Yes we Steam users paid more and had to wait almost 24hrs longer than the people who ordered it on DVD, but at least we dont have to bake our original game disk in the drive everytime we want to play, and we can d/l it anywhere we want and play it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back