No Race series game can be started!!!

I have major problem right here. I am trying to open my Race 07 or GTR Evo, or STCC the game, or Race ON any no one of this games are starting.

I only get an Error box which says, "SteamStartup(0xf,0x0012FBA0) failed with error 1: failed to take master pipe connection lock"

Why is this happening? I have not started any Race series games for atleast 2 weeks and not I get this problem.

Please if you know what is causing this inform me.

Edit: I just noticed that it says on my steam account that I am playing GTR Evo while I am not doing that.

I have found some clues searching with google, like http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=903250 (talking about Team Fortress 2).

One of the reason for Race Series game to not start is the update of the graphic card drivers (at least for nvidia cards). Try to close steam, kill the process (Ctrl+Alt+Del and search for Steam.exe) and then start Steam again (only steam, not the game). After that, start Config.exe (it's in SteamApps/[your user name]/Race07 folder) and setup your graphics. Then start the game again.

If you have tried all of this, have your steam account been hacked?

No more ideas here, sorry.

Regards.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back