1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Power after launch/first corner.

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Alex Mathieu, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Hey Everyone,

Just started playing the game, so I have the assists on at the moment. I've been noticing that even if I get pole position I can rarely maintain it through the first corner. It feels as if the car has just had it and fallen off during the turn (no power), I'm not sure if this is the brake assist or traction control, but its slightly frustrating.

I'm on PS3 with a controller. God I can't wait to get a G27

2. definatly brake assist

3. I turned off all assist in my Virgin, but still couldn't outrun anyone on the start, even my teammate, or the other lowest tier cars, they just pulled away really easily.

4. Are you putting Max throttle before the red lights go Out?
    Try something different like, start give a bit of throttle while the last light gets on and full after all go off.

5. PS3 controller says it all i feel better to play with wheel IMHO as u can actually feel the feathering effect that last poster suggested. Hope your wheel comes soon

6. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

A cliche so you don't need to worry about your start: Races are not won in the first corner; however, they are often lost there.

Just take it easy, rev up to 90% and try to feel when your wheels are losing traction. Just before that gradually release the throttle a little, regain traction and floor that paddle :)