1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No posting after Windows 8.1 / IE 11

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by Peter, Oct 19, 2013.

1. I can't write a post or comment after upgrading to Windows 8.1

I got this update this morning, but I don't know if that's the cause

KB2884101: Beveiligingsupdate voor Internet Explorer 11 voor Windows 8.1 voor x64-systemen

Installatiedatum: ‎19-‎10-‎2013 10:53

Installatiestatus: Geslaagd

Type update: belangrijk

Er is een beveiligingsprobleem vastgesteld bij een softwareproduct van Microsoft dat invloed kan hebben op uw systeem. Installeer deze update van Microsoft om uw systeem hiertegen te beveiligen. Zie voor een complete lijst met problemen die in deze update zijn opgenomen het bijbehorende Microsoft Knowledge Base-artikel. Nadat u deze update hebt geïnstalleerd, moet u de computer wellicht opnieuw opstarten.

Meer informatie:

Help en ondersteuning:
  2. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Does it work using Chrome / Firefox?
  3. Yes, I use chrome for now.
    It doesn't work in any IE11 browser ( Desktop and Metro version)

The only thing I can write is a topic tittle and the search function.
  4. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

• Like Like x 1
  5. Very nice Bram, but the google commercial banners drive me crazy.
    With W8 i could post at the WMD forum and with 8.1 I can't post here.
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  6. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Banners? I don't see any banners in my Chrome to be frank. :O_o:
  7. [​IMG]

I know you don't have a solution for this, just see it as feedback and I reported it.
  8. @Tom Endres

It works now, I added RD to the IE compatibility mode. I have no extra functions but I can write my text now.
  9. Tom

Staff Emeritus Staff

Really, really weird. IE is not being used by many but still, odd it only happens after the 8.1 + IE 11 update. I guess MS is going to update IE 11 to fix many other problems too. :)

10. Rupe Wilson

Rupe Wilson
    Keep Yoga real Premium Member

We have a guy in GTL after the update 8.1 his games don't run as his hard drive went all strange...:(
  11. jimortality

Premium Member

I also had issues but mine was graphics card related as had to download drivers for 8.1 and all sorted.
  12. Bram

Hey Peter,

Not sure what you have installed inside your browser but those ads aren't from RD. How do they end up there?

You should do a mallware scan as that looks like an infected computer to me.

Google: spybot search & destroy
  13. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

How do you do that?
  14. Bram

Peter those arent from our site. Its spyware you need to clean up I think.
  15. Launch RD on the desktop browser and open compatible mode in the options and ad this side to it.
  16. I checked and it's spyware that came with chrome. I'm now back to W8 with the tablet, until MS fixes the problems.
  17. It does not come with Chrome. I only use Chrome, and I've never seen those banners in my life.

Time for a cleanup, as others have stated.
  18. Indeed, I don't see anything like it in Chrome either.
  19. Justin Swan

Justin Swan

That done the trick :D thanks Peter.