1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"No more street Circits, Lets have some Real Circuits"

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by Antony Snook, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Do you disagree

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Would you rather watch the snooze fest IRL series than a F1 race.

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. Happy Canadian GP in Montreal is a go. There are a lot of student's protesting fees so lots of money will be lost. May loose the event next year. Not a terrific track or a bad one.
    The climate has cold winters and hot summers here in Canada that makes pot holes in track and sealer is used with white powder to keep it cool. Cars just tear up the sealer and accidents like what happened to Kubacia and Oliver Panis happen.
    This is the problem with road racing and F1 it is to accident prone as it is hard to maintain a city road to accommodate the sensative demands of a Formula One race car. Permanent tracks have more freedom and have options to avoid these problems because the walls never funnel into track due to lack of room. And any serious hazard can be fixed with a simple chicane or re routing of the course. And the cars are fast and wild as they where meant to be. Not popping around a 100mph at Monaco its not real racing.
    A prototype or a saloon chassis yes race on a street it has more body more drag and more grip unlike a open wheel car like a F1.

2. I would rather you stopped posting pointless topics.

• Like Like x 8
  3. "the IRL" doesn't exist anymore. It's the "ICS". Key difference? Tony George versus Randy Bernard.

4. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

I find the mix of tracks imprescindible, and Canada its a specially nice one.

5. Key difference Tony George and Brian Berhardt versus Randy Bernard and Baux Barfield

Moreover... You want to get rid of one of the few tracks that does not need artificial unsporting overtaking helps as we've seen in the pre-DRS era?

6. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

Not to mention in the wrong forum.
    This guy bores me.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Stuart Pocock

Stuart Pocock
    I'M BACK... Again :)

You have never watched the Monaco GP then

• Like Like x 2
  8. Actually the worst accidents happen on "normal" tracks not at the street ones.

9. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Is it just me or does the poll remind me of an old Nazi propaganda trick?

• Like Like x 5