No LeMans coverage in the U.S.

But thank god there is always the internet :). You can purchase access to the official race via the WEC website or watch the countless free onboards from the teams on youtube or here on RD.

But thank god there is always the internet.:) You can purchase access to the official race via the WEC website or watch the countless free onboards from the teams on youtube or here on RD.

Thanks for reminding me. I can at least watch the race on my computer, although I would have preferred watching it on my 55" H.D. t.v.:)

I am pretty sure you can watch it on your big screen. You'll need a WIFI casting device to stream your content from your cellphone or pc to your TV. Not entirely sure if the WEC site offers casting but your browser might.
At least with ChromeCast you can cast every video/stream from your phone to tv if played through the phone's default videoplayer.

I know for Android this works for sure buy i have no idea bout iOS. Also can cast your whole browser with ChromeCast which should work with any site offers a stream :thumbsup:

I am pretty sure you can watch it on your big screen. You'll need a WIFI casting device to stream your content from your cell phone or pc to your TV. Not entirely sure if the WEC site offers casting but your browser might.

Thank you. I'm going to have to buy something because the wireless signal from my spare bedroom (where my router, access point, and my 2 p.c's are) to my living room is very weak. I've thought about that in the past, but
I wasn't willing to buy something to boost the signal.

If you own an iPad or Apple device you can cheat and do what I do.

I have the WEC app on my iPhone and I just play the video feed through the Apple HDMI adaptor straight to the TV. After a minute or two it goes full HD and looks lovely.

Another option is Motorsport.tv

I see they now have the rights to show all the Le Mans reviews. Not sure about costs though.

https://motorsport.tv/channel

Chromecast can be finnekey. With very official apps like Netflix it works by the phone just telling the Chromecast to open an app on its own and then play the source url given by the phone, and accept control by the phone.

With content that is actually on the phone and does not have an app on the Chromecast it can be much more tricky. The mechanism is prepared to send everything to the Chromecast over wifi, but performance may vary. If you try this you should also prevent a double-wifi situation, as in first internet to phone and then phone to chromecast. Would be better to use USB tethering or somesuch on the phone, then feed chromecast with wifi.

I would be very curious to hear how this works out for you folks. I shelved my Chromecast a long time ago.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.