Nico Rosberg set to replace Felipe Massa at Ferrari

[h=2]LEWIS HAMILTON'S arch rival Felipe Massa is set to be sacked by Ferrari.[/h] The warring duo have clashed six times on the track this season and had a paddock bust-up in Singapore.
But Hamilton will get the last laugh with Massa on the verge of being dumped for his poor drives this season.

The Brazilian's best result this campaign was fifth and Nico Rosberg is being lined up to partner Fernando Alonso next term.
Ex-racer David Coulthard said: "In F1, you're always under pressure. Massa may know his career is coming to an end. With these results, he'll not be at Ferrari much longer."

It is sad that his career went on like this. I was so angry when he lost the championship in 2008, not on Hamilton, on Ferrari, because the team made huge mistakes in that year.

Now, I think Rosberg would be a good replacement for him. He has experience, speed and consistency, in fact I think Rosberg had an excellent season, despite Schumacher being much closer to him than he was last year (I take that as an improvement by Schumacher).

To be honest, Massa has never really been good enough for Ferrari. He had a few good races in '06 and a few more good ones in '08 but outside of that he hasn't done that well in any team. Too many silly mistakes and crashes come to mind.

Kimi.. Mercedes...Schumi... I wrote about this being the ultimate setup for next year.. oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please, oh please.. But it may be too late now..

Who said Massa is getting sacked - I haven't seen this anywhere
Massa's results say that. lol

But in all seriousness, I like this. I've got nothing against Massa but I think that Rosberg is just a younger, fresher and better driver. It's sad on one side cause there no longer will be Hamilton-Massa battles: :(

But anyway, if he really is getting sacked he definitely won't be sacked in 2012. cause Ferrari already confirmed him for that season.

Both Rosberg and Ferrari have been quick to squash this rumour.
It's all come from David Coulthard saying in the week that Ferrari would be wide to sack Massa now.
No substance to it.

would be great to see Nico in a championship contending car!
Well, you see, the thing about that is...
To put it into perspective, Iceman was the last Ferrari WDC, and he did it in his first year with the team, way back in 2007. On the other hand, Emperor Alonso hasn't really done much except for (psychologically) nuking Felipe. I can't imagine anything else happening to Rosberg if he joins Ferrari, or indeed any other driver without at least 7 championships to his name (hint hint).

I'm surprised Nico would want to go there whilst Alonso is still there.
Ferrari have always operated a clear Number 1 and Number 2.

It is blatantly obvious that Alonso is firmly established as the team's Number 1, so why would Nico want to put himself in that position?

I can't remember the last Ferrari number 2 driver that wasn't affected by his treatment by the team (with the exception of Barrachello's freak 2009 season with Brawn). It almost puts a curse on their career.

This seems to be have pulled out of nowhere, Ferrari always made it clear that Massa was there next year, even if he doesnt deserve to be. I'd like to see the change happen but nothing has pointed to it happening. I don't know how you can come to such a conclusion so much to make a thread with a title that suggests it is solid and set.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/3213/7296990/Domenicali-Massa-Staying-Put - "Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali has once again dismissed rumours that the Italian squad could ditch Felipe Massa after the current season."

I think what Ferrari misses the most is Jean Todt btw.

Yes, you are correct and i agree to it 100%.. Ferrari were so good, but when Jean left the team at the end of the 2007 season, they have been silly mistakes. They lost the 2008 WDC with some silly mistakes, same in 2010. So many small mistakes that lead to a big disaster.

And about Massa, I think Ferrari might just let him drive for 2012 but you never know. They had Kimi's contract for 2010 but when Alonso came, they sacked him. You never know what might happen, we may even see Massa sacked at the end of this year. Also in comparison with Alonso, Massa hasn't done much this year. Alonso is a tough driver to beat, we all know that, but finishing in the top 10 driving a Ferrari is not tough and Massa hasn't done that much. Ferrari could have fought for the 2nd place in the constructors if Massa had scored good points with Alonso. I have got nothing against him but he simply makes too many silly mistakes like he did when he was a rookie. Thats really not good for Ferrari.

I'm pretty certain Massa isn't going anywhere.
Usually (take Williams for example) teams will refuse to comment or disclose any information if they're thinking of making a change. Ferrari have been adamant that Massa will be driving for them in 2012. They wouldn't be so public if they were lying. It'd be unethical.

umm dont buy that. Ferrari have said Felipe will be given 1 more chance next year. But i guess is for the best interest that Felipe moves, since Alonso overshadows him in the team. I will give him 1 thing. Good try in 2008, you were WC for a few seconds til Glock let Lewis by.
So im not surprised Lewis fans are swarming this thread. The laigh is at Lewis, overrated, yet he was terrible this and last season.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back