Nicky Hayden severely brain damaged after being hit by a car on a bicycle ride

Nicky Hayden’s condition remains extremely serious.

The American, who remains hospitalised in the Intensive Care unit in the Bufalini Hospital in Cesena, has suffered serious trauma with severe brain damage as a consequence.

The prognosis remains unknown.

MotoGP™ Legend and Red Bull Honda World Superbike Team rider Hayden was involved in a training accident whilst cycling in Italy. The American superstar was hit by a car whilst out cycling along the Rimini coast, where he has been spending some time following the recent Motul Italian Round of WorldSBK.

Emergency services were immediately called to the scene and Hayden was transported to local hospital. The 2006 Champion has since been moved to Cesena hospital.

Source
http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/05/17/update-nicky-hayden-s-medical-condition/228157

Can only hope he pulls through this difficult time & live a decent quality of life if he gets better.
Thought's go out to his family.

While it is ubder different circumstances, the news do sound quite similar to the ones that Michael Schumacher had after his ski-accident.

All that i hear is bad news and its fetting worde every time.

Hopefully he will come out of this in a healthy way

Please get well Nicky. You are one the finest gentleman sports riders in the world. A truly nice bloke and one of my biking heroes.
2Wlc6TK.jpg

g1RCXMR.jpg

How ironic after all of his years racing motorcycles, to get seriously injured in a road accident. Like Benutzername says, Michael Schumacher and don't forget what happened to Bob Wollek. Hoping for a complete recovery.

:(:( RIP Nicky. You were and always will be my hero. My thoughts are with his family and friends.
R9JeLVp.jpg

Life is so fragile and it can end so abruptly without warning. My motto is live for today and I think Nicky lived by that too.
Life is too damn short.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back