New to GSC

Just got Game Stock Car 2013 (my 2nd game only after AC), and I'm still familiarizing myself with the options. Had some questions and @Rupe Wilson was kind to provide some info, so I'm posting them here for those who are also new to the game.
1. What is Steering Lock/angle in-game for? How does it work?
2. How did you save a special profile in game for the karts, where exactly?
Currently I have 2 game folders, 1 for Karts (270 deg profiler), 1 for the others (360 up), but it's consuming space.

Hello,
steering lock in game is used in conjunction with deg of rotation on your wheel
for example as a giude
320 deg on your wheel you will need about 16 deg of angle in game
450 deg on your wheel you will need about 20 deg of angle in game
720 deg on your wheel you will need about 24 deg of angle in game
900 deg on your wheel you will need about 27 deg of angle in game

but every body has there own setting as to what is comfortable so this is a guide and a good starting point

I mad a pofile just for the kart where i set up my controller
I have T500 cars and T500 Kart
its were you do all the presets for each button just save the new profile and select it when you drive the karts

hope this helps

Rupe :)

Thanks @Rupe Wilson.

Regarding where to save the profile, you mean 'save it as a preset'? If so, when you run the game with Karts Profile (ex. mine's at 270 degrees), where do you change the wheel steering angle to drive the other cars?

It should also be noted the default steering lock on GSC 2013 is for a wheel of 270 degree rotation. I can't help with your question though, my wheel doesn't have profiles and whatnot, just a default 270 degree max. (Until I can afford a better wheel :-D)

Hope to see you in our race club events soon! Start here.

It should also be noted the default steering lock on GSC 2013 is for a wheel of 270 degree rotation. I can't help with your question though, my wheel doesn't have profiles and whatnot, just a default 270 degree max. (Until I can afford a better wheel :-D)

Hope to see you in our race club events soon! Start here.
Thanks Andrew. Can you elaborate on this? And are you referring to the 'steering lock options' slider? I only see this slider though when starting a Test Drive or Race, not as a default globally. Thanks.

In your user user profile there is a controller config
This will set your in game steering wheel to match your wheel.
I dont use it because i turn off the wheel.
Reiza have stated in the next update there will be a option in game to do this..
so not long and will be allot easier to do it.
and i don't know when the update will be released. but soon i think
Untitsdddsled.jpg
be careful when altering in game files if you mess it up your game crashes, so always make a back up before altering.
or if unsure do not touch it.

if you use the logitech profile you can set the wheel rotation of you wheel you hold in your hands this is the important one when switching between karts and cars.
once your in game you can set the steering lock in the garage set up..
as explained above

as will all new sims its bets to look at all the screens and see where things are and what they do.
they all roughly do the same thing and have the same wording, this can be or look complicated when you first start out..

that is why most have pre-sets for each wheel you can make alterations to this in the driver profile in game and then save under anew name, all you have to do then when you fire up the game is select your driver profile.

the latest sims out have a differtn way of doing things as regards to the wheels so allot is done for you but older games you have to manually

I see. So manually modify each profile's controller.ini w/ the corresponding Steering Wheel Range. (OT: is there some documentation on these parameters?)

Likewise, regarding the steering angle guide above, is there some proportion/formula to get these values (or perhaps some documentation)? I ask because, my current preferred wheel rotation for karts and cars are 270 and 360 respectively, and I'd like to compute for them as they're not in the values above.

I don't get what you mean by 'I don't use it because I turn off the wheel'. I thought this was your initial suggestion, and that you had 2 Profiles set (T500 cars and T500 kart), please clarify.

Yes, there are many options, and require some technical knowledge (of the car, and those related to a race). I've got to research more on them.

Yes, that would be a nice option. Hope Reiza updates it soon.

@Andrew James, thanks, I'll check that out. Hope to be able to join eventually, that's if the time's set are when I'm awake (GMT +8) :)

By the way, does the game have an option to show Track Maps?

Likewise, regarding the steering angle guide above, is there some proportion/formula to get these values (or perhaps some documentation)? I ask because, my current preferred wheel rotation for karts and cars are 270 and 360 respectively, and I'd like to compute for them as they're not in the values above.
I believe 270 is for karts, 540 is for stock cars and minis, open wheels I believe is either 270 or 360 (or something in between) and I think the Camaro is 900 but I could be with this one

I don't get what you mean by 'I don't use it because I turn off the wheel'. I thought this was your initial suggestion, and that you had 2 Profiles set (T500 cars and T500 kart), please clarify.
I think what Rupe is referring to here is that he has the T500RS wheel and that he has two different settings for the wheel depending on what he is driving (cars or karts). He probably has a different range for each (eg: 270 for karts and 540 for cars). Depending on what he is driving he will load the appropriate settings. This is done more in relation to the wheel and not GSC. If any of this is wrong, Rupe will correct me :)

By the way, does the game have an option to show Track Maps?
Press 0 on the numpad. It will then show up on the left side of the screen

Hope this helps :)

Whoa, thanks @Andrew James and @Warren Schembri. Glad there is! :) Is there some game documentation? This would surely come handy as there are many other features I'm not yet familiar with, especially what some buttons mean, and/or are for.

@Warren Schembi, actually yes I understand that he has 2 different settings (cars and karts), but I 'm not sure why he stated 'he doesn't use it because he turns off the wheel' because his first suggestion (in the 1st post) -
I mad a pofile just for the kart where i set up my controller
I have T500 cars and T500 Kart
its were you do all the presets for each button just save the new profile and select it when you drive the karts
. Perhaps I misunderstood something? Pls note I also haven't handled a T500RS if his method of managing profiles is related to that.

I am also aware about the wheel angles (270, 540 etc) but what I wanted to verify was how to obtain the corresponding 'degree angle in-game' for my preferred wheel rotation of 270 karts and 360 cars. Rupe mentioned a few also in the 1st post, but I don't know how these are derived, nor what values correspond to 270 and 360.

Thanks again!

i turn off the wheel in game, as i don't like to see a wheel in the car when im driving that's all
it distract me :)

As for the wheel lock the figure i have mentioned are the standard that most use for wheel rotation if you want to be precise you need to google each car to find the correct setting but these are usually good enough for most and act as a good starting point,
you dot need to exact ratio life to short just enjoy driving.
it does not make you any quicker just find a setting that works best for you what i have given is a good setting you can always go up or down on these to find your own sweet spot :)

Oh, that wheel! :)

Ok, I'll check it out. I just didn't understand the concept of the angle (ex 16 degrees) in relation to a wheel rotation (ex. 360).

Thanks.
Well generally the lower the degrees of rotation on your wheel, the lower you'll want the steering lock. 14 for 270 degrees, for example. People with higher wheel degree rotation will need higher steering lock. You can just play about with it until you find a setting you are personally comfortable with.

If you have too high a steering lock for your wheel rotation, you'll find the car really twitchy and easy to lose control of. Too low a steering lock for your wheel rotation you may find you can't turn in to corners easily. So, just experiment for what's good for you.

I bought the game 2 days ago. Using this thread now to ask some questions.
Can I have a spotter plugin for this game?
Where can I get pedals and ffb meters to the hud while driving?

edit: Ok I got the spotter, but seeing the force feedback(and clipping) while driving, would really help with my ffb settings. Anyone?

Last edited:
I bought the game 2 days ago. Using this thread now to ask some questions.
Can I have a spotter plugin for this game?
Where can I get pedals and ffb meters to the hud while driving?

edit: Ok I got the spotter, but seeing the force feedback(and clipping) while driving, would really help with my ffb settings. Anyone?

What's a 'Spotter' (i.e. plugin)? Sorry, might just be semantics. Thanks.

Yeah, FFB meter would nice, as it's quite difficult already setting up FFB.

There is a in game spotter already, this tells you your lap times and helps you out in general when on track.

There is a another one that gives you more info that is a separate plugin that can be downloaded and installed. remember to turn off the original one though.
Spotter guide for rfactor (a friendly voice keeping you up to date whilst on track) Big thanks to Davy Vandevenne
this also works in GSC2013

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea