New Tioga Pass Mountain Previews for ATS Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Tioga Pass - ATS 1.jpg Tioga Pass - ATS 2.jpg Tioga Pass - ATS 3.jpg Tioga Pass - ATS 4.jpg Tioga Pass - ATS 5.jpg Tioga Pass - ATS 6.jpg
SCS Software confirm new, free road networks coming to American Truck Sim as part of next update.

Modelled on the famous CA 120 Tioga Pass through Yosemite National Park, SCS Software have created a picturesque mountain road network that well be added as free additional content to American Truck Sim as part of the new build update to this impressive trucking game. Set to feature breath-taking views and steep roads through the mountainside, the new location roads will form part of the build 1.31 update alongside "many other small and not so small touches and additions to California, Nevada, and Arizona". Pretty cool, with the emphasis on pretty....

American Truck Simulator and European Truck Simulator 2 are available to purchase for PC right now. Additional DLC packs for both games can be picked up from the respect Steam store page.

Like to go big rigging across the highways of the USA? Fancy sharing your experiences with your fellow community members and taking in all the latest news regarding both games? Well join up with our European Truck Sim 2 and American Truck Sim sub forums and get involved with the community today!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to the new, free update? Happy with ATS development so far? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
I used to have a friend who was a real truck driver. He talked about how monotonous and lonely it was. I have a hard time understanding people who want to play a simulation of that.
It's just incredibly relaxing and satisfying to a lot of people. I can understand that it's not for everyone, but the Steam reviews for ETS2 clearly show that there's a sizable crowd that's interested in this sort of thing.

I used to have a friend who was a real truck driver. He talked about how monotonous and lonely it was. I have a hard time understanding people who want to play a simulation of that.
As long as it's not your real job, and you do small amounts I guess it can be some fun?

The distances are vastly shortened in these games, so you can focus on sightseeing and such. Not having to drive 14 hours, for just a single delivery.

But yeah I've been wondering the same, there's lately been lot of "Job simulators" about jobs you do in real life usually just for the money, not because it's exciting dream job

Why do people play egoshooters, cause in real life it´s not cool to be shot at - cause you die or being wounded causing you a lot of pain...
Why do people play games like Elite Dangerous cause space is empty and vast - boring... or not?

Everyone plays what the respective one likes and not everyone is an all time adrenaline junkie.
ATS and ETS are more relaxing style games, made for people who like the trucks and sightseeing(scs are doing here a really great job). For more action there are the oversize rigs, not easy to do the job without damage.

Why do people play egoshooters, cause in real life it´s not cool to be shot at - cause you die or being wounded causing you a lot of pain...
Why do people play games like Elite Dangerous cause space is empty and vast - boring... or not?

Everyone plays what the respective one likes and not everyone is an all time adrenaline junkie.
ATS and ETS are more relaxing style games, made for people who like the trucks and sightseeing(scs are doing here a really great job). For more action there are the oversize rigs, not easy to do the job without damage.

Exactly this, you can't really appreciate graphics fully in a game that is fast paced, SCS are really stepping up with the graphical quality since ATS and later DLC for ETS2. Also, parking is a fun challenge...especially in ATS with the size of the rigs. Then again there's not many gaming genres I dislike, pretty much dabble in them all.

Not having to drive 14 hours, for just a single delivery.
Logging 14 hrs driving will get you put out of service and a ticket to go with it. 11 hours is the driving limit in a 14 hour duty period before 10 hours off duty/sleeper. The 14 hour rule disallows the driver to drive after the 14th hour of coming on duty. You log on-duty at 7am and your load isn't ready until 7pm, you've got 2 hours behind the wheel and your day is over.

Logging 14 hrs driving will get you put out of service and a ticket to go with it. 11 hours is the driving limit in a 14 hour duty period before 10 hours off duty/sleeper. The 14 hour rule disallows the driver to drive after the 14th hour of coming on duty. You log on-duty at 7am and your load isn't ready until 7pm, you've got 2 hours behind the wheel and your day is over.

Hmm yeah thanks for correction. Threw in a random amount, but anyway people probably enjoy trucking in a game, because it's short stints and they are never forced to do it.

I find the success of "job simulators" a little odd. For me mostly games are the way to experience things I would never be able to/dare/afford do IRL. But sports are another thing I always found more interesting doing in person IRL (because of the health effects) but lots of people enjoy their tennis, hockey etc. games so who am I to judge.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea