New things to come!

That sounds terrible in general, but more so when you think about places like RD where races with multiple cars are often used.
If they allow mods to also be used then we are ok, just never touch the default content.
If mods are not allowed then it just turns into "ok guys, in this race we are using these 5 cars, go buy them now kthx" and that is not ideal. Or, perhaps just "anyone with this one specific car, join up" and see a lame turnout.

At least with different expansions, content is lumped together instead of each piece being separate.

Either way it is going to suck imo unless they let you be in races if you did not own all the cars(except one) by either having the models and not letting you use them or loading a black default placeholder like in forza.

And if they do not allow mods, I worry about the content. Coming from GTL where there are so many car and track mods perhaps I am just spoiled. :/

But I could of course be wrong. They might just do the Race 07 thing with expansions again and nothing will be different. but normally from what I have seen in F2P games you do not buy groups of content, you buy it individually.
That is concerning.

My point was that there is hassle for organizing races and making sure everyone has everything. So at this point for a typical RD user's uses they may as well just release everything together(or in groups) since most people here will need almost all of the content on hand anyway. *shrug*

Well, at least initially. I suppose eventually people would work out what cars really saw no use.

I'm not against Play4Free edition of Race07, i kind a like the microtransaction business model (i hated it at first but BF P4F changed my mind..) but they must make sure that you don't have to own everything everybody else owns to play. Something that P4F is bad is the friend system as it has to be bulletproof for multiaccounting and cheating/boosting with friends as no doubt they install some honor/point/rank system for finished races... And they better get the pricing right from the beginning, these P4F things can easily get buried.. Simracing community is great and not so great, we tend to criticize easily and loudly..

I was very sceptical about the microtransaction model but having played a couple, mainly BF P4F confirmed that it is a viable idea. It just have to be so that we don't have to buy certain car in order to have any kind of success, a lot of P4F games use that tactic so they get certain minimum amount of money from each player... In FPS games it's not that bad, you can compensate a poor gun with good tactic and skill but lack of horsepower in Monza straight is impossible to compensate...

I can also warn that alcohol and microtransactions are a bad combination, last time i bought bunch of stuff and the next day found out i bought the two worst guns in the game, i got lots of goodies too but having unused stuff in the inventory or in sim games, in garage can happen... Hope they got good rental system so we can try out before we buy..

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back