Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 - BMW M6 GTE.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have been at it again, releasing images from eight of the new cars coming to Project CARS 2 at the end of 2017.

In the bulk screenshot release, SMS have shone a light on some pretty fantastic looking road and race machines that are due to make up just some of the 170+ cars scheduled to release with the base Project CARS 2 simulation at the end of the current year.

With famous names from the world of GT, endurance and Prototype styles of racing, plus some historically significant cars from over in Japan, this latest screenshot batch does Project CARS 2 proud when showcasing the staggering diversity of the content due to be a major feature of the game come release day.

Alongside the many new and improved features coming to the game, one thing Project CARS 2 and Slightly Mad Studios are keen to do for this latest release is diversify from the traditional background of circuit based racing. New disciplines in the form of Rallycross and off road racing will be making an appearance for the first time in the Project CARS franchise, as will the ability to select any car and track / terrain combination within the game - including ice!

So whilst we await a release of the game on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC in what is expected to be around September of this year, let us feast our eyes on these beautiful looking images taken directly from the game itself...

Project CARS 2 should be releasing for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC towards the end of September 2017.

Project CARS 2 - Ginetta G57.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Jaguar XJ220.jpg
Project CARS 2 - McLaren 650S.jpg
Project CARS 2 - McLaren 720S 2.jpg
Project CARS 2 - McLaren 720S.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Nissan Nismo GT-R R35.jpg
Project CARS 2 - Nissan Skyline GT-R R34.jpg
Project CARS 2 OMSE RX Litw.jpg

Check out the Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment to catch up with the latest news, engage in lively discussions with the community and find out all you need to know about the simulation prior to release in September.

Looking forward to any of the new cars featured in this screenshot release? Can Project Cars live up to the expectations set by SMS do you think? What currently unannounced car would you like to see added to this game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Looks great, but so did pCars 1 and it was, for me, the biggest disappointment when it comes to games ever. Hopefully they can what they did right again and fix what they did wrong

Yes I think most of us would be happy with a "fixed" Project Cars. The first game looks stunning still, it just needed those faults ironed out. Fingers crossed.

However I don't want to go over the same issues again, those screenshots look really nice. Looking forward to the release date.

I find it interesting though that at the WEC events and also the Blancpain events they all used VR equipped copies of Project Cars for people to race on. I think previously it was Gran Turismo (PlayStation Academy link).

Pretty amusing the reception PCars2 is getting and their blunder with the DLC shows just how out of touch they are with their market but I don't think PCars was as bad as people make out.

They got some core things wrong; for me, the physics were so so, the AI was a bit bonkers and the FFB was horrible. The decision to leave the community to make the FFB even servicable was just plain lazy. All that said, it was and still is the most feature rich racing sims and while they've got a bit of a job to do winning the community back, if they nail the physics and FFB in this one they'll become a serious contender.

Slightly Mad and Turn 10 ,
Are really on the ball with this wet weather ,
On xbox one when they released the new Forza , The wet weather particle system is stunning ,
With physics interaction once hitting the puddles ect , Aquaplaning ,

But yet again SMS , Are once more proving why they are one of the most popular racing game studios out there ,
Wet weather , Night and Day , Magical damage physics ,
Such a pity these other sims do not take these features seriously :)

Well done Guys .

I'm waiting for the Beta or some reviews of guys who aren't investors and will defend it no matter the obvious flaws.

If FFB isn't feeling great out of the box then i'm already not interested.

Only because off the fact that they sold us a very bad PC1 they decided not to make it a perfect sim by giving us all patches and updateds and whatever more for free to make our payments rewarded NO they decide to leave us whith a arcade game that looks very great but drives as bad or even worse as it looks, so thats very bad , no they just think come on we hype it again with great photo's and all stupid people will again give us their money but i think and hope that most or all off us aint stupid and keep their money in their pockets and leave sligtly mad behind in a well off :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Pretty amusing the reception PCars2 is getting and their blunder with the DLC shows just how out of touch they are with their market but I don't think PCars was as bad as people make out.
Whether people like Pcars or not, their marketing is spot on.
They sold million(s?) of copies from Pcars 1, and will likely sell millions of copies of Pcars 2 as well. The franchise is a big financial success, given the relatively small target audience of a game of this type. They don't care what so ever if a few sim racing poopers don't like their marketing when at the same time it wins them 5-digits customer numbers.
no they just think come on we hype it again with great photo's and all stupid people will again give us their money but i think and hope that most or all off us aint stupid and keep their money in their pockets and leave sligtly mad behind in a well off
You should take classes in marketing and business administration before posting on such a topic again, otherwise you are just embarrassing yourself.
You should also be careful whom you call "stupid". Is everyone who is not a die hard sim racer "stupid"?
Don't you think that it's possible to enjoy racing games without super duper realistic physics and FFB? There are a lot more people out there enjoying games like Gran Turismo, Forza, or Pcars, then the likes of AC, rF or AMS.
In addition we don't know how Pcars2 will pan out at all. It's well possible, that the physics and FFB are better then from contemporary sim references. Are people still stupid if they are going to buy it then?
Maybe better think before talk next time..

They sold million(s?) of copies from Pcars 1, and will likely sell millions of copies of Pcars 2 as well. The franchise is a big financial success, given the relatively small target audience of a game of this type. They don't care what so ever if a few sim racing poopers don't like their marketing when at the same time it wins them 5-digits customer numbers.

You should take classes in marketing and business administration before posting on such a topic again, otherwise you are just embarrassing yourself.
You should also be careful whom you call "stupid". Is everyone who is not a die hard sim racer "stupid"?
Don't you think that it's possible to enjoy racing games without super duper realistic physics and FFB? There are a lot more people out there enjoying games like Gran Turismo, Forza, or Pcars, then the likes of AC, rF or AMS.
In addition we don't know how Pcars2 will pan out at all. It's well possible, that the physics and FFB are better then from contemporary sim references. Are people still stupid if they are going to buy it then?
i say they think we are stupid further on i say but we aint stupid

Best comment here so far, and I agree.
It's funny how readers here, the 1% of the community situated on a little corner of the Internet, think just because they are not going to buy Project cars 2 or talking ill of Slightly Mad Studios, will damage them as a developer or loose them money, there are more people playing these racing sims outside the corner of the internet that Race Department occupy, so yes don't buy project cars 2 your little percentage what ever it is, isn't going to damage them as a business, the market place out there is bigger than a hand full of race department readers.

i say they think we are stupid further on i say but we aint stupid
90% + of humanity's acting can be controlled rather easily by certain stimuli, otherwise marketing wouldn't exist. Pretty sure you yourself get manipulated on a daily basis. Pcars marketing has a certain target audience, and you may find it "stupid" because you don't belong to that target audience, but at the same time you get fooled by different marketing measures that hit your target audience more closely.
You have to go through life very very attentive to not get manipulated by marketing or similar stimuli, i have a vast education in that field (MA) and i still wouldn't claim of myself to go through life 100% unaffected by marketing.

isn't going to damage them as a business, the market place out there is bigger than a hand full of race department readers.
Thing is, it is really the same 7 or 8 people every time, in every thread, so your "hand full" can actually be taken literally. It's even only a fraction of the racedeparment users.
Even worse that those hand full people reckon that their thinking is representative for the whole market :laugh:

Best comment here so far, and I agree.
It's funny how readers here, the 1% of the community situated on a little corner of the Internet, think just because they are not going to buy Project cars 2 or talking ill of Slightly Mad Studios, will damage them as a developer or loose them money, there are more people playing these racing sims outside the corner of the internet that Race Department occupy, so yes don't buy project cars 2 your little percentage what ever it is, isn't going to damage them as a business, the market place out there is bigger than a hand full of race department readers.
For example ,
Every single person I have spoke to who play Pcars on Xbox and PS4 ,
Talk about Pcars , Like people talk about Jesus Christ ,
And all these people rate AC as nonsense ,

And I am talking 100,s of people just in my circle from playing Xbox over ten years , and only racing games mainly ,

PC Is a base to build fans / Get on steam , Then get to consoles ,
Consoles is the main target of any developer always as been ,
All we see is complaints about this and that about Pcars on PC ,
On consoles its a different story ,
And the only story what matters , the gaming industry on consoles is 100 times the scale if not a 1000 times concerning racing games , and the younger generation of children under 16 currently playing them ,
This is the audience and the only audience that counts .

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back