New Raceroom Hillclimb performance issues

The new Hillclimb.. What can i say.. It's gorgeous. The road is immensely interesting, superb. But:

It's nearly unplayable. I can do fine with the rest of the content, no major FPS issues (custom settings, lower than what low gives me, everything off, mirrors, specular, shadows etc.. Auto settings are totally unplayable in the whole game, i get around 4FPS, lol...) I know that i'm running in the limits but the new track is really a lot heavier than the rest.. Minimum requirements have to raised. BTW, i got a feeling of unoptimizing, like there's LOD issues, really heavy textures or too much tris. The last little bit, the village runs smoothly but that's probably because the map ends there.

Rest of the track i get around 20FPS with heavy spikes happening ~1 second intervals (not steady, just an average), sometimes dropping to 5FPS. If i do donuts, it can drop to 1FPS.. Not exactly playable, the car can advance quite a bit between skips. Funnily it also does something counterintuitive, when slowed down to really slow speeds like around hairpins, the car may simply turn less and less as the speed slows down (clutch pressed, car balanced, not push oversteer) but this could be the GPUs fault not keeping up with the game causing something weird (or there is threshold where the sim uses different algorithms to get around certain problems with slow moving vehicles and we are hitting that limit...)..

My specs aren't great:
dualcore e7500 @ 3GHz (running the new Hillclimb, both cores are about 70%, nothing wrong there)
GTO7900 512mb (this is my bottleneck but it's AFAIK exactly he minimum requirements, that's why i'm making this post... i just happen to have that GPU so i need to report :) ) I use second monitor.
Win7, 4gb RAM DDR3-1334, sataII HDD.

I had a lot of performance problems on a good system in previous versions but they seemed to have fixed most of them. Not sure if I understood correctly but are you only having this problem on auto settings or even lower then low it still occurs?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back