New Race 07 Server admin - Various Questions...

The "Live Updates" option on the dedicated server.

Can you somehow export this information to be displayed on a website so visitors to the webpage can view the current race statistics?

I am guessing you should be able to parse the information "live" but I have no idea how.

Creating a Championship Table on a website
What is the easiest way of doing this?

I was going to create a spreadsheet and manually feed the information into it to produce a table.

Is there a way to produce a table using the log file at the end of each race, parsing this info to create a table automatically?

Also, what is Timetrial Qualification and Superpole?

Many thanks.

Using the Live Update function work in the following manor: It creates a secondary Results.txt file, named (at the top of my head, can't remember the exact naming rule..) Results_02_05_2012_19_39_LIVE_Practice1.txt. It updates that file in the defined interval, adjust the interval on the same page where you click the LIVE update on ;) Then you either parse the file in the server and send the results to the website or use script at the website end that parses the original results_blaa_blaa_.txt after it's been sent to the website server. We did this with the latter method, the files get sent to the website in scheduled repeated intervals, then the script at web end parses the files when the user loads the screen to minimize server loads. Our site (that is going on hiatus until GTR3...) has only hotlap script but it can be used with live updates too with some minor changes, the parser is the most important part of it.. PM me if you want the developers address, you have to ask for permissions from him...

Our Hotlap script: http://www.simracingsuomi.com/phpBB3/SRS_Ranking/ranking.html

About championship software, there are many alternatives, haven't done any myself so somebody else has to answer that.

EDIT: Also you need to be aware of a certain bug in the Dedicated server software: it often creates unfinished result files (it creates two files then, one with the header and one with the results...our script couldn't merge them, it's really really simple.) LIVE updates creates whole files everytime, that's why even the championship part needs to use LIVE results....)

Using the Live Update function work in the following manor: It creates a secondary Results.txt file, named (at the top of my head, can't remember the exact naming rule..) Results_02_05_2012_19_39_LIVE_Practice1.txt. It updates that file in the defined interval, adjust the interval on the same page where you click the LIVE update on ;) Then you either parse the file in the server and send the results to the website or use script at the website end that parses the original results_blaa_blaa_.txt after it's been sent to the website server. We did this with the latter method, the files get sent to the website in scheduled repeated intervals, then the script at web end parses the files when the user loads the screen to minimize server loads. Our site (that is going on hiatus until GTR3...) has only hotlap script but it can be used with live updates too with some minor changes, the parser is the most important part of it.. PM me if you want the developers address, you have to ask for permissions from him...

Our Hotlap script: http://www.simracingsuomi.com/phpBB3/SRS_Ranking/ranking.html

About championship software, there are many alternatives, haven't done any myself so somebody else has to answer that.

EDIT: Also you need to be aware of a certain bug in the Dedicated server software: it often creates unfinished result files (it creates two files then, one with the header and one with the results...our script couldn't merge them, it's really really simple.) LIVE updates creates whole files everytime, that's why even the championship part needs to use LIVE results....)

Hi Kennett,
I would like to get access to the script showing fastest times, etc for Race07 Dedicated Server. Could you please send me the developer's details so I can ask him. We are doing it just for a fun thing, and are willing to make a donation for his efforts. Thanks.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back