1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

New PS3 racing staff required

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 5' started by Kevin Watts, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Due to real life life commitments requiring more of my time I will no longer be able to run events for the PS3 here at RaceDepartment. This won't be an immediate thing but I'd like to hear from any PS3 gamers who would like to step up and organize events for the Playstation owning members here. The Hot Lap Challenge has proved to be a fun event and with the release of GT5 this year things can only get better. Of course there are many other racing titles on the PS3 to consider so if you'd like to help out at RaceDepartment then drop me a PM. I will continue to visit here and take part in events as time allows so you haven't got rid of me that easily :)

2. Cristian Haba

Cristian Haba
    #555 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs Staff Premium Member

I hear you Kevin. I think what we can currently offer here at RD is the Hot Lap Challenge which is very lax and ppl can participate when they want to. You are correct with the full release coming soon there will definitely be more traffic in this forum for sure. But for the moment what we have running is quite reasonable. Any one of us can update the times on the Hot Lap thread if need be.

3. I appreciate the help Cristian, you and Rudra have been very helpful keeping it going.

4. As a matter of fact, I was looking to sell my copy of the game to make money for F1 2010 & the big one - GT5. But doing these hotlaps makes me see the goodness all over again - the 3d effects (?) etc. that I'll miss in NFS Shift if I sell it...

5. GT5 will be a massive release for racing fans on the PS3, as long as the online play is handled well with plenty of options for hosting it could make it the only racing game you'll need on the PS3 :)

6. I really need to get an ethernet connection mate, but things here aren't so reliable as connections & telephone lines are disturbed even if it rains. But yes, can't wait for November to arrive ;)