1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured New Niels Heusinkveld Talk & Drive Video - iRacing

Discussion in 'iRacing' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 27, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

Talk and Drive Nissan.jpg
    In the latest of Niels Heusinkvelds 'Talk and Drive' videos, the popular Dutchman tries his hand at something completely different... the iRacing Nissan GTP ZX!

Niels Heusinkveld is now well known as the man behind the physics at Reiza Studios, and as such he has released several rather interesting 'Talk and Drive' videos showcasing a number of new content additions to Reiza developed games in recent years. Today Niels tries his hand at something completely different, driving the latest Group C machine to be released for iRacing.com! Watch the video below to see how the physics expert rates the latest iRacing offering.

Talk and Drive Episode 20 - iRacing Video:

Bringing the second IMSA generation car to the sim, the Nissan GTP ZX Turbo has been made available for purchase alongside the admirable Audi A90 Quattro. Born of the desire to beat the all concurring Porsche 962, the Japanese factory spent four seasons racing in the IMSA series until clinching its first Manufacturers title in 1989. The '89 season was a successful one for Nissan, and to celebrate that success iRacing have lovingly recreated the car for players to enjoy within iRacing.

For those of you how are perhaps less familiar with the Nissan story, iRacing have recorded a nice documentary launch trailer video for the car that can be seen below.

The 1989 Nissan GTP ZX-Turbo Launch Trailer:

Check out the iRacing sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. Join in the conversation today!

Did you enjoy the latest video from Niels as he focuses on the new iRacing content? Have you tried the Nissan GTP ZX yourself? Did you enjoy Niels trying a different simulation for his Talk & Drive videos? Let us know in the comments section below!
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Lorenzo Bonder

Lorenzo Bonder
    The self-proclaimed "BADASS" driver of RD. Staff

Someone tell Neils to get rid of the splits he needs to press TAB.

Good article btw and nice handling by Neils as well.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium Member

That is some good driving by Niel's...and something completely unexpected to see Niel's driving in iRacing...sizing up the competition for the next big push for Reiza 2017 maybe...lol
  4. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium Member

@Niels_at_home : What Lorenzo said: But you won't know if you are "gaining, gaining, gaining". :D
    BTW 1: Nice video. :thumbsup:
    BTW 2: Hope to see you do "a talk and drive" with a real race car at Zandvoort or Assen. :)
  5. Is that th8rs or th8a he's using? I'm surprised he uses such a "low end" shifter when everything else is so highend.

Don't get me wrong, I have both shifters and really like them but I'm sure there's something much better on the market and one would think that Niels himself uses only highend stuff.

Or maybe it's really a statement how good th8rs/a actually is.
  6. James Nance

James Nance
    I like Race cars? Premium Member

I thought it was neat to see him try out the Nissan in iR. Its a hard combination to pass up, a GTP car on the Ring.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fairbanks_ABGF

Is that gasoline I smell? Premium Member

I was asking myself the same question but shrugged it off. Looks like one, but with a sawed-off stick to make the throw feel shorter.

I'm thinking about making that kind of "modification" to my th8 all the time because I liked the quick action of the g27's shifter better , and now I cannot unsee a modded th8 in his video :D
  8. Matheus Machado

Matheus Machado
    #17 Talking Door Racing Staff Premium Member

Maybe he is just using a custom version of his own shifter. As you can check out in this video.
  9. The GTP-ZX was not a Group C car btw. The NPT was closer to GpC. IMSA had different size fuel tanks than GpC.
    John Morton had a serious blow over at Lime Rock in the ZX....ouch! ....an absolute beast of a car.....
  10. It has to be a good sign if you can't talk and drive on a talk and drive.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1