1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New look Youtube

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Bram, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

2. Chris Butcher

Chris Butcher
    Red Bull Gridsters 2012 Champion

Really? I think it's horrible!!
  3. It's all the same, except... flashier and shinier. Not a huge fan.

Homepage seems different though, but I rarely use that, so dunno.
  4. Yea I was surprised. First I tought "Oh my God, where is what??", but if you get used to it, I think it's better.
  5. They have updated GMAIL as well...
  6. i like it,i think that sometimes you have to change.
  7. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

I think it's really good. I changed some cookies so I could get it before everyone else. Before the change I had to scroll right to the bottom of the page to see new sub videos, but now they are right in the middle. Much better.
    New channel layout is strange, but we'll get used to it I suppose.
  8. Has anybody idea how to add friend when he has new looking channel? No add a friend button anymore
  9. Hiroshi Awazu

Hiroshi Awazu
    Off Topic Moderator

Uploading short video clips has been a issue for as well. It will freeze at @ 90% and will not continue,i have to re-upload.

Ondrej, I can't find Add Friend as well?

I'm trying out Vimeo right now. It is working better for me.
  10. Ross Balfour

Ross Balfour
    #99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Brilliant new layout, the old one was past its best. Very easy to get used to and everything useful is in one place, good job Youtube :thumb:
  11. It's all about getting used to it, I like it, better than the old one in my opinion.
    But there is no way to find the 'Add friend" button!
  12. i'm guessing it will grow on me
  13. Omer Said

Omer Said
    Weresloth Staff Premium Member

Seems much more practical and nice for me
  14. Kyle Puttifer

Kyle Puttifer
    @ Simberia @Simberia

Especially compared to the old layout, which was very counter-productive. When they introduced it it was a step backwards. This new one is awesome.
  15. Hmm, home page is a bit confusing... Also, when you watched a video from a channel you subsribed to, where you can you "delete" it now?
  16. Google have also updated their navigation bar.

You can get it now with a simple cookie tweak.

For Firefox, just head to Google.com, hit Ctrl+Shift+K, and type this in the text box:
    document.cookie="PREF=ID=03fd476a699d6487:U=88e8716486ff1e5d:FF=0:LD=en:CR=2:TM=1322688084:LM=1322688085:S=McEsyvcXKMiVfGds; path=/; domain=.google.com";window.location.reload();
  17. So instead of bringing back very useful stars in top of small images in those related videos they make simple and efficient text to have gigantic buttons look on that video player screen, downhill just continues. There is already well usable links to create account and login at top right, but they decided to make half screen sized buttons to middle of page for them, that is almost a par with a man that decided to lit camp fire with gasoline and poured 10 liters of it over trees, then crouched and used cig lighter to lit it...

Front page is now fine example of how to waste available space on screen for useless graphical elements so that you have to run up and down of page to be able to see stuff which easily could fit to single screen.

Yeah, that is the modern style, but it does not make it any better, cake made from donkey **** is still cake made of donkey **** even if you put chocolate on top of it.