1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

new gpu problems

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Carl Shaw, Jan 22, 2012.

1. hi guys,

ive just upgraded my pc too the following.

ASUS gefore gtx 560
    650watt pwer supply
    4gig ram
    quad core 2 processer
    windows vist

since ive updated race 07 runs worse not better the graphics look jagged and fps drop in out of this world.
    battlefield 3 runs and look so what could the problem be?

2. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Did you select the correct resolution and stuff? That might help some. Also, the color depth (16 bit, 32bit) might help some.
    Last, check the game settings in the game itself to see if there is something up there.

3. What graphics card did you have before you upgraded? Did you do a clean install of the new drivers including updating directX? Have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers?What is the speed of the new CPU? What was the speed of the old one?

When you installed the CPU, did it get recognized correctly in the BIOS? What Windows are you running and how much graphics ram do you currently have? If you are running a 32bit version of Windows it could be that your new card is not allowing your Windows to use all the ram that it needs. This is usually the case with a graphics card with more than 1Gb of ram on it in Windows 32Bit.

The most important thing though is to be sure you reinstalled directx 9C after you installed your graphics driver.

4. previous set up :

nvidia gts 450
    400 watt power unit
    windows vista
    2gb ram
    quad core 2 processor ( that's not been touched)

and the new GPU has 1gb ram.
    just changed the setting to medium and still it stutters and looks terrible and the worse track so far in brands hatch indy as i exit droids it almost locks up on me.. everytime!!

5. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

I would suggest reinstalling drivers from the GPU, and running DX9 again. That should do the trick. This really sounds like a driver / DX issue. All seems to be better, but performance is worse.

Try to download the latest version of the driver as well. Perhaps the one u installed now is not the correct one.

{edit}
    I assume you did run the Race07 graphics config utillity?

6. graphics config utillity? what is that? sorry to sound so dump but like ive said in other posts im new to pc gaming, used to the consel seen aka pick up and play.

7. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

When you start Race07, you get a popup asking what you want. Run Race07, competition mode and config. Select config there, and see if the choosen graphic options is indeed the correct card and settings.

8. I've never seen such a pop up, I'm playing the steam version not sure if that make a difference.

9. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

[​IMG]

Open steam, and go to the library as indicated above. Right click on the Race07 icon, and select the 2nd option, Video and language options.

Check it via that way :)

10. Ok I got that now thanks.

So What do I want the following set on:
    resolution ?
    Refresh rate?
    Anti anti aliasing?
    Vertical sync?

I don't know what they even do, gonna google them now

11. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

What are the settings that are there now? Do they match your display settings?

12. I've got it set on 19../1080
    No vsync ans no ati aliasing and refresh rate at 60htz. My monitor in a 1080p lg panel

13. Something wrong here, even pulling out the pits im when there's not much going on I'm getting frames drop almost like its in slow motion..

14. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Did you reinstall the drivers yet? And did the DX9 update?

15. Just doing that now..

16. Still the same after making sure all drivers are up to date!!!! Pulling my hair out, not a lot left now.

17. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

I suggest you redeploy Race07 via Steam. As Battlefield does run smoothly, it seems its a race07 related issue.

18. Ive been and bought windows 7 64bit and done a full format and re-install all is looking good now, thanks for your time

• Like Like x 1
  19. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

No problem, thats why we are here, to help out when needed :)

Good to hear all works fine again.