• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Featured New Automobilista Touring Car Classics Previews

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +12,012
    AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 6.jpg
    Check out these new preview images from the upcoming Touring Car Classics DLC coming soon to Automobilista...

Previewed quite a while ago now as part of a 'development roadmap' post, Reiza Studios have now released a batch of new preview images from the next DLC offering for their Automobilista racing simulation for PC, showing off images of three historic pieces of touring car content in the form of the Fusca, Gol, Passat and Uno, all cars that took part in the heart of Brazilian motorsport back in the 1980's and early 1990's.

The preview images released so far suggest a release to the public build of the game might not be too far away, however at this stage no exact dates have been confirmed.

Check out the preview images for yourself below:

AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 1.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 2.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 8.jpg

AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 3.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 4.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 5.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 7.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 9.jpg AMS Touring Car Classics DLC 10.jpg

Automobilista is a racing simulation available exclusively to PC and developed by Reiza Studios.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content addons, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Looking forward to the new DLC release? Enjoy classic content in AMS? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
    • Love Love x 22
    • Like Like x 10
    • Wow Wow x 2
  2. JoelRR

JoelRR

Ratings:
    +32
    [​IMG]

That's a really good looking car!! :inlove:

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  3. Andy Jackson

Andy Jackson
    I am the new Colin Mcrae I am Premium

Ratings:
    +3,062
    I hope some nice modder does some nice liveries for them. :)

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 3
  4. traind

traind

Ratings:
    +159
    Automobilista feels fantastic. This dlc isn't quite grabbing me yet but it may end up being great. Reiza has also announced one last dlc for this title that will be focused on one car brand... no hints at which one yet but hopefully it will also be revealed soon.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +200
    Tried the Bug and Uno so far - both really well done! On the right track/layout, these will make for some great club and/or "instructional" style racing events.

The Bug I thought was a lot of fun right off the bat - feels like a little race car.

The Uno...for me, at least, takes some patience. For better or worse, the FWD sensation is well done and your lines and general technique have to be modified accordingly. Not my personal cup of tea, but in the hands of a driver with more patience/talent than me (low bar to clear, BTW), I think the little rascal flies.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +19
    Hmmm...
    The Sound of Boxermotor,i Love it.
    Ring,Ring.....
    DC

7. Antonio Castagna

Antonio Castagna

Ratings:
    +11
    Fiat Uno, please ... :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

• Haha Haha x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN

Ratings:
    +155
    Looks like ton of fun (haven't tried Beta yet) Is the new MetalMoro also coming with next update?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  9. Nick Hill

Nick Hill
    Premium

Ratings:
    +200
    On a side note, I've been on a bit of a R3E/AC kick. Between that and evaluating PC2, I've neglected my trusty/beloved AMS a bit until these TC classics hit beta. At the risk of sounding like Reiza's unpaid marketing arm, I can't believe how the sim has just continued to refine. It's rare that I see something splashy come through in the release notes, but I suppose it's just a preponderance of little tweaks here and there that do the trick in the long run. It keeps getting better - in both looks and FFB (I'm quite certain that, for my tastes, the FFB is best on the market right now).

I have to wonder where the sim would be if Reiza had a magic wand to make some more mainstream licensed content appear (or perhaps a big flashy enhancement like weather...which I do realize is not gonna happen, just speaking hypothetically here). Seems like AMS has a hard time shaking the "rF 1.5" impression. While I do understand where that comes from, when I look at the package in totality, it feels a lot more like "rF 3" if you catch my drift.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Haha Haha x 1
  10. cebeuno

cebeuno

Ratings:
    +2
    Hell Yeah!

• Like Like x 2
  11. thatmotorfreak

thatmotorfreak

Ratings:
    +120
    Absolutely loved the Beetle Race mod for rFactor so this DLC is exactly what I wanted. I think both classic and modern day touring cars need more love.

Good thing I've got the DLC pass already :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. kimbo

kimbo
    Premium

Ratings:
    +52
    The feeling of these cars , the sound, the physics, heel and toe whith both cars at nords is fantastic.
    How much passion demonstrated by the Reiza guys in each of his works, only who love too much something, make this kind of jewels.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. TurcoMaldade_

TurcoMaldade_
    Premium

Ratings:
    +114
    Having a blast driving the Unos at Goiania track; This is the first track i've ever been in my life.

• Like Like x 6
  14. syonnecortie

syonnecortie

Ratings:
    +0
    Fusca and Uno are funny cars. Can't wait, would be released at this weekend?

15. Buster

Buster
    Premium

Ratings:
    +206
    Looks great and will be looking forward to it :thumbsup:... but right now I am waiting for the "fix" ..yes they gave us a work around fix, but sadly this just removed the offending part ..DynoHud" ...one really does need some telemetry info, hence a very important part of the game is missing imo ...we will shortly be going into our 3rd week with this issue still not fixed :thumbsdown:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. JoelRR

JoelRR

Ratings:
    +32
    btw, is this DLC already available on AMS Beta??

17. Alex72

Alex72

Ratings:
    +268
    Yep. This looks BrillEpicAwesomeSauceParty! :p:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  18. RinusDirtRally

RinusDirtRally
    Premium

Ratings:
    +111
    Finally some contender to classics of R3E :inlove:

19. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Ratings:
    +101
    And, for who is indecisive about the DLC, there's a big discount going on right now for the season pass, game or game and season pass bundle. Check Reiza's facebook page.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN
    DirtT Tuned Motorsports Premium

Ratings:
    +1,264
    Cars look very well done tho not really my cup of tea, curious to see if the sound fix (crackling audio) thats being worked on will come in this update as well?