1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featured New Automobilista Brit Pack DLC Previews

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Paul Jeffrey, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    Sim Racing News Editor Staff Premium Member

AMS Brit Pack DLC.jpg
    Reiza Studios have released several teaser images from the upcoming 'Brit Pack' DLC for Automobilista, a new paid DLC package that brings three highly regarded British circuits and a number of cars to the game.

Reiza have been fortunate enough to gain access to laser scan data and have taken many reference photographs to aid in the development of Oulton Park and Brands Hatch, helping the studio produce arguably the finest track recreations Automobilista has received to date. Additional to the three popular British circuits, the 'Brit Pack DLC' also introduces several new Caterham models, road and race versions of the ultra-lightweight Ultima, a fictional Formula Ford type vehicle and the MCR Sports 2000 prototype to the title.

Release of the 'Brit Pack' DLC has been delayed somewhat from the initial prediction of late September 2016, however Beta backers do have access to the new content and some of the version 1.1 build improvements due to be implemented when the public facing version of AMS hits our digital library in the coming days.

The Brit Pack DLC is due to land for Automobilista very soon. DLC "Season Pass" holders will receive the DLC package at no additional cost. The season pass is available as part of the Membership Package that currently sells for a discounted price of $24.99. More information about the Reiza Studios Membership Package can be found here.

• Brands Hatch (GP and Indy)
    • Oulton Park
    • Cadwell Park
    • Ultima GTR (Road & Race spec)
    • MCR Sports 2000 Prototype
    • Caterham (Various Models)
    • Formula Trainer (Fictional Formula Ford)
    Automobilista is available on the Steam network for Windows PC now.

Check out the Automobilista sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more of the latest news and discussions regarding the sim. Check out our substantial modding forum, have a blast in one of our epic club races or even drop in and sign up for some league racing, its all here at RaceDepartment!

AMS Brit Pack DLC 2.jpg AMS Brit Pack DLC 3.jpg AMS Brit Pack DLC 4.jpg AMS Brit Pack DLC 5.jpg

Looking forward to the Brit Pack DLC? Which car most tickles your fancy? Let us know in the comments section below!
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    • Love Love x 9
    • Like Like x 5
  2. Nox

Staff Premium Member

I ran one of the Caterhams around Brands Hatch earlier... very very fun!
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Caterhams are real guuud! And probably gets even better for the official release. Also tracks and the rest of the cars in the Brit pack are all top notch.
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. I've never been to Cadwell or Brands Hatch but Oulton Park is my local track and the AMS version is absolutely spot on. Right down to the speaker placements, marshals posts and even where the bins in the spectator areas are.
    • Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. DaVeX↯

Premium Member

Ok now we need just a couple of tracks from @Patrick Giranthon and we can have a proper RD Brit Cup with MCR2000...right?Even a RD BTCC with Marcas...wooohooooo!!!!
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  6. Boby Kim

Boby Kim
    There is no spoon... Premium Member

The Caterham is so fun to race:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
    • Agree Agree x 5
  7. Alex Townsend

Alex Townsend
    Premium Member

RD BTCC!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  8. Szymon Olizarowicz

Szymon Olizarowicz
    Premium Member

@DaVeX↯ I would personally go for formula ford or caterhams, but your idea is still good. ;) unfortunately, from what I've seen in the race club forums, there's only a plan to do another mini league, which for me would be boring as sh*t, but I'm sure others will enjoy it. I can't even drive the minis so I would have to give it a pass.
  9. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett
    Premium Member

I think the Brit pack has Reiza's best handling cars :)
    • Agree Agree x 7
  10. DaVeX↯

Premium Member

...and this is why I think MRC2000 and Marcas are good for all, paddle shifter, rwd and fwd but easy to drive, not much power and no need of particular setups...but hey, mine was just an idea, I don't know if I can race too lol
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I'd get it for Brands Hatch and the Caterhams. The Formula Fords seem worth a try too, seeing how entry-level drivers race them.
  12. M D Gourley

M D Gourley
    Premium Member

Just had the last download completing the Brit Pack last night...the Caterhams are fantastic to drive and sound amazing...tried all 3 of them around the 3 Tracks in the Brit Pack....very enjoyable indeed.
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  13. I bought the Season Pass to acquire AMS Beta, but it seemed to have all the cars (and all three Brit tracks) EXCEPT the Caterhams. Did I miss it somewhere. .?
  14. @Paul Murphy you should have the caterhams in the second page of AMS beta, try to log off steam and then log on again. Some times you need to do that, for a game be able to update
    • Like Like x 1
  15. If that doesn´t work, just send reiza a private message through their forum! driving a caterham made by Niels Heusinkvel in a laser scan track is something that you don't want to miss ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thanks, Paulo.. I'll try all this when I can and let you know.
  17. Azure Flare

Azure Flare
    World's fastest mobile chicane Premium Member

When Niels said that 1st and 2nd gear in the Ultima (the road version) is pretty much useless, he isn't kidding.
  18. tpw

Not entirely true, I've found them to be useful smoke generators.

These cars are so ridiculously powerful that I'm scared to drive them in a sim, how the hell do people drive them on the road?!?!
    • Haha Haha x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. fortyfivekev

Premium Member

Badly :)

• Haha Haha x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ouvert

Premium Member

well I guess you usually don`t rev your road car to max rev limit while driving on public road :) .. ultima on low rps is fine on 1st or 2nd ..