New Assetto Corsa PC Update 1.12.3 Adds VR Improvements

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni release small hotfix update for Assetto Corsa on PC, adding improved support for Oculus Rift VR.

In something of a surprise move the team over at Kunos Simulazioni have today deployed a small but important update to Assetto Corsa that offers "Improved support for Oculus VR, bringing VR positional audio and other fixes".

Update 1.12.3 Change Log:
  • Audio is now following head rotation/offset in VR correctly
  • Audio driver swap is now only effective after restarting acs
  • Fixed Abarth 595 automatic gearbox 2nd->3rd gearchange indecision
  • Fixed AI unable to correctly manage slow corners with low grip in pitlane

Some words about audio driver swap:
in the in-game audio app, there's a list of device drivers (if available) you can select. In order to switch speakers configuration properly, once selected the audio driver you need to exit game (come back to the launcher) and then start it again.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni, available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Have you tried the small Assetto Corsa Hotfix Update? What improvements to the VR experience has it brought? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Awesome set of VR fixes, not really much left to do now, the below is a list of stuff that i think they could reasonably do (stuff like menu integration not going to happen)

1. Driver eyes auto-pos broken in recent update: link
  2. Ctrl+L: display opponents. Currently showing in a floating layer, difficult to see and focus, name is not following car.
  3. Race indicators/flags: currently not moveable and is too far to the left to notice while racing, i.e. if a blue flag is up. Goes for fuel indicator as well.
  4. Mouse -pointer controlable with HMD and assignable left-click button needed.
  5. (not all specifically for VR) Keyboard Ctrl+L, Ctrl+H and Ctrl+Space (VR center view), should be assignable ingame, making use of 3rd party keyassign obsolete. Other than F11, these are the only usable ones left since 1.7.
  6. Pitstop tyre change animation was removed for VR in 1.11, instead of simply locking the camera in cockpit view
  7. PP filter selection doesnt work: link
  8. Godrays broken: link

One thing to add to the above list: better VR replays!
In Oculus/VR Mode there should be special VR cameras which are automatically used when watching replays. These VR cams should not move (causing nausea; we can use our heads to look around and follow cars) and should be positioned closer to the action (at the moment the camera is far away from the cars so they look tiny and therefore blurry / low-res in VR; try Silverstone for example...). And a HUD menu in VR mode to be able to pause/play/rewind... would be nice too.
Now that we have the positional VR sound it would make perfect sense...

Awesome set of VR fixes, not really much left to do now, the below is a list of stuff that i think they could reasonably do (stuff like menu integration not going to happen)

1. Driver eyes auto-pos broken in recent update: link
  2. Ctrl+L: display opponents. Currently showing in a floating layer, difficult to see and focus, name is not following car.
  3. Race indicators/flags: currently not moveable and is too far to the left to notice while racing, i.e. if a blue flag is up. Goes for fuel indicator as well.
  4. Mouse -pointer controlable with HMD and assignable left-click button needed.
  5. (not all specifically for VR) Keyboard Ctrl+L, Ctrl+H and Ctrl+Space (VR center view), should be assignable ingame, making use of 3rd party keyassign obsolete. Other than F11, these are the only usable ones left since 1.7.
  6. Pitstop tyre change animation was removed for VR in 1.11, instead of simply locking the camera in cockpit view
  7. PP filter selection doesnt work: link
  8. Godrays broken: link

From the VR features list, so I think those too :)

LINK

Well since TM10 has been applied to all cars, I hope they will give the AI some love for the next, supposedly racing themed DLC and update. They just don't overtake at all. I want proper racing and track days where the R34 can overtake the AE86 :D

Keep it up Kunos! :)

I think a third ai-line would solve the problem, an "overtake"-ai-line. If the car behind is faster for example on the straight at Spa it switches over to the overtaking ai line and overtakes. This sounds of course simpler than it probably is but it is an idea.

StefanoCasillo

Jaxx Vane Studio
Is there a way to add a button for recentering VR? All the other sims to these, but i can't map it to the wheel and have to resort to pulling up the goggles and using CTR + space.

press the "look left" and "look right" buttons on the wheel together to center the VR view (make sure you do this AFTER pressing "drive" button).

press the "look left" and "look right" buttons on the wheel together to center the VR view (make sure you do this AFTER pressing "drive" button).

Nice, but seems redundant to have Look left/right buttons taking up functions on the wheel, in VR?

I use joy2key to map Ctrl+space to a wheel function (fanatec hub).

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 93 19.1%
  • €151-500

Votes: 128 26.2%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 85 17.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 43 8.8%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 49 10.0%
  • €3001-5000