New Assetto Corsa PC Update 1.12.3 Adds VR Improvements

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa.jpg

Kunos Simulazioni release small hotfix update for Assetto Corsa on PC, adding improved support for Oculus Rift VR.

In something of a surprise move the team over at Kunos Simulazioni have today deployed a small but important update to Assetto Corsa that offers "Improved support for Oculus VR, bringing VR positional audio and other fixes".

Update 1.12.3 Change Log:
  • Audio is now following head rotation/offset in VR correctly
  • Audio driver swap is now only effective after restarting acs
  • Fixed Abarth 595 automatic gearbox 2nd->3rd gearchange indecision
  • Fixed AI unable to correctly manage slow corners with low grip in pitlane

Some words about audio driver swap:
in the in-game audio app, there's a list of device drivers (if available) you can select. In order to switch speakers configuration properly, once selected the audio driver you need to exit game (come back to the launcher) and then start it again.

Assetto Corsa is a racing simulation from Kunos Simulazioni, available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Windows PC right now.

The Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for Assetto Corsa news and community discussion. We have a whole bunch of mods to download, a specific area for modders to discuss their WIP projects and of course our epic Racing Club and League events. Head over and join in today.

Have you tried the small Assetto Corsa Hotfix Update? What improvements to the VR experience has it brought? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
press the "look left" and "look right" buttons on the wheel together to center the VR view (make sure you do this AFTER pressing "drive" button).

yeah, unfortunately those are mapped to a d-pad on the wheel so i can't use them at the same time and i'd rather not sacrifice any other button mappings.

Did Kunos upgrade the visuals for VR? I swear the cockpit looks more crisp visually.

I'd like to drive the M6 GT3, R8 LMS and 911 RSR before March, k thanks.
You really want to drive such bad modeled car like the 911 RSR? Without those fine front side blades?
And it's really boring for you to driving online because your are to competitive against all others with the content of AC atm.
Of course the last update for VR is nothing for you. Shame on the developer.
One really serious question: Why you still play AC? Every news of the game gets whining and complaining from your side.
Why you don't play a game which fulfills your wishes more. You can leave this forum then.
Win Win for everyone :thumbsup:

Thank You

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 114 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 88 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.5%