New Assetto Corsa 'Ferrari Opponents 2013' Mod Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Assetto Corsa Ferrari Opponents Mod - McLaren.jpg

Helmut Skrdla has released his epic two part modification for Assetto Corsa, bringing a full field of well known opponents for the official Ferrari F138 Formula One car added to the Assetto Corsa simulation with the recent Red Pack DLC.

Skrdla and Co. have lovingly converted the rFactor 2 modification of the 2013 season to add some much needed contemporary company for the new F138. With all 10 teams and 20 drivers present in the mod, version 10 tyres on all cars and impressive sounds, the 'Ferrari Opponents 2013' looks to take its place amongst the "must have" Assetto Corsa add-ons for Grand Prix fans.

As always when downloading from RaceDepartment, please do leave a rating and comment once you have tried the mod. Comments and ratings not only show your appreciation for the hard work of modders, but also allows other users to make informed decisions when considering downloading a mod.

From the team themselves:

"We're very happy to release our mod today, the work of more than two months combined effort. Seeing the wonderful F138 released in the Red Pack but only racing against itself, it was a very obvious idea to bring over the existing RF2 mod of the same year to give that beautiful Ferrari some company.

We believe that Assetto Corsa has great potential for properly simulating full race events, and for that we wanted to bring the community a mod that gives a full grid. Since our team includes both offline and online racers the idea to offer both a League Edition with equal performance as well as an offline version to "role-play" a 2013 career was born.

We hope you all will enjoy the work and have hours of fun!"

Credits:
MSF Italian Modding Team: Michele, Simone and Paolo
Independent Modders: Jamie, Martin, Luke and Helmut

Download the Offline version here.
Download the League version here.

Support Kunos, download the 'Red Pack DLC' from Steam here.

Check out the Assetto Corsa sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the very latest news and discussions regarding the Italian racing simulation. Head over to our mods section for the best mods, discussions regarding work in progress content and of course the epic club racing and league events we host.

Assetto Corsa Ferrari Opponents Mod - Caterham.jpg Assetto Corsa Ferrari Opponents Mod - Manor.jpg Assetto Corsa Ferrari Opponents Mod - McLaren 2.jpg Assetto Corsa Ferrari Opponents Mod - Mercedes.jpg Assetto Corsa Ferrari Opponents Mod - RedBull.jpg Assetto Corsa Ferrari Opponents Mod - Torro Rosso.jpg

Have you tried the Ferrari Opponents 2013 mod for Assetto Corsa? What do you think of the mod? Let us know in the comments section below!

Thanks Paul! I'd like to stress it isn't really "my mod" - I just had the idea and was fortunate to find a very motivated and talented bunch of people who all had a much bigger part than me in getting this done.
I'm merely a human file and idea syncing tool most of the time ;)

Sam, yes there were issues in the past, but the RF2 version of this mod has been public, openly so, for over two years without problems. And AC has it's share of F1 mods too.

I if can make one wish then I hope this mod might help others to consider cross-sim cooperations. We will make available to the RF2 users the 4K skins created for our version, everyone benefits... A shared collection of models, sounds and tech data could benefit all virtual racers so much.

Last edited:
Sam, yes there were issues in the past, but the RF2 version of this mpod has been public, openly so, for over two years without problems. And AC has it's share of F1 mods too.

Ahh, Thanks for the info. F1 Should be thankful so many people are willing to make awesome F1 mods for simulators. It gets F1 more exposure which is not a bad thing...

It is great that more content is coming to a lot of sims nowadays. But F1 content is a bit risky considering what has happened isn't it?
In terms of stuff directly effecting AC mods Ferrari is the bigger problem though I think thats because our F1 concept gathered so much attention that it was placed higher then the official ferrari website for it.

I have been spending more time with rF2 lately and I agree that AC could use similar features as rF2 in regards to racing rules and "series" setups.

Yep. To start with, working DRS detection rules... and maybe Shoot-Out Qualifying would really increase the appeal. Or an option to force a tire change for the AI before they run out of fuel.

AC wins visually, from GUI, Polish, selection of content, but to have the actual "race" play out like in real life is easier in RF2. I hope more content like this will surface and Kunos to find the time and implement those features...

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.