Neteyes Tracks: Kranebitten - Innsbruck Airport + Track Update: Mainz-Finthen

Hi there!

After like 5 month of work i want to present you my newest track.

Between 1958 and 1977 international airfieldraces took place on the Innsbruck Airport. Called "Preis von Tirol" amongst others, they were driven on a 1,7km long track, and after alteration of the airport since 1962 on a 2,8km track. Because of noise exposure and the near university hospital, after 1977 no more races were held. (My humble opinoin: noise exposure from car racing on an airport. rofl.)
A considerable collection of pictures, programs and results of the races was composed by the Technisches Museum Wien, which can be found here: http://www.technischesmuseum.at/motorsport-in-oesterreich/veranstaltung/articleid/1988

Today, a link between the runway an the apron of the glider airfield is missing, so the old layouts cant be driven any more, so a new layout would be needed. My 3,6km long track adopts the style of german airportraces from the mid-90s, with the typical chicanes with high curbs on the runway, more tracksection on the surrounding taxiway and the apron.

As i have never been to Innsbruck, my track is based on photos, screenshots from flightsims (the buildings, hangar, terminals are from one, thanks again to the creator), and a portion of fantasy (bumps, yeah!).

enough text, a picture says a thousand words, and a video even more.
93827.jpg
93828.jpg
93830.jpg
small warning: Read the readme, the AI really sucks!
Mainz-Finthen: Physics Update
And a short notice: I released a new Update for Mainz-Finthen (the Com8 conversion from me):​
-Surface like e.g. the concrete plates are now way better than before (as perfect as i can go with Race07), dusty parts are now more slippery.
-Sectorgates massively widened: If you miss them now, you are either not in the race anymore or you really wanted to miss them :)
89829.jpg
89828.jpg

89831.jpg

Download link: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=33372

Hopefully i can upload another track these days to Nogrip. Not new, but an evergreen on the weissbierbude.de servers ;)

With kind regards,
Neteye

Thank you so much for sharing this. I for sure will download them and have a go on them.

I assume you are ok with us using them in the club events? Thanks for all the time you have put into this again! Really like it when people make updates on their creations to optimze performance and fun!

Your welcome! Of course you can use them, for Kranebitten i recommend touringcars or cup cars ;) GT Pro or Fomula cars will be very tricky to drive because of the bumps&curbs in Kranebitten, or you just call it a big challenge... :) Mainz is bit more easy on this :)

Greetings,
Neteye

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back