1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Need Your help with textures.

Discussion in 'Racer Problems & Fixes' started by Henris, May 13, 2010.

1. Hi everyone. I'm a new guy in modeling, and I hope you will help me... So... I have made my first mod, my first convertion to racer. This is my baby... vaz1.JPG vaz2.JPG vaz4.JPG vaz3.JPG I'm not russian :D Okey.. I have a big big problem with making textures... I hope You will help me... I dont know how to start making the textures.. Help me if you can..

2. Applying textures baffles me.

It'll be easy once someone tells you how to do it.

3. I know it'll be easy, but I'm new here and in modeling, so I need your help, to learn creating textures by my self.

4. If you had looked in the download section you would have found this document. Congrats on your first btw..

5. looks like convertion of gta vice city/san andreas.. whit txd programn you get textures

6. [2]

7. Good photos of various car parts can be used to texture objects like car gauges, grill, decals, wheels and tires.

The images will need to be in a jpg or tga (preferred) format and in 256x256, 512x256 etc. dimensions.

8. I don't know how to say really big thank you for you guys... Juts thanks for all.

9. Cool car! VAZ 2106 (Shaha). I hope this car will be released :)

10. Yeah, I think I'm gonna release that car :) I like that cars, Russian technique is pretty good :p

11. ..welll, after a long time, I came back and I want to show you my car, my first mod :)I don't want to create a new thread, so i post pictures here... There he is!.. Vaz2106.JPG Vaz2106(1).JPG Vaz2106(2).JPG Vaz2106(3).JPG

12. Car is not finished yet, but I try to release it.

13. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Doesn't look too bad, nice one :)

Are you using a car.shd?

14. Sorry, but I have no idea what "car.shd" means :rolleyes: I'm a new guy, and its my first car, convertion :redface:

15. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Ah. That's what I thought.

A car.shd/shader is a file which basically tells Racer how to display the texture. I'm terrible at these.. so you'll need someone else to help you with it xD

Have a look on the Racer website, there's probably some documentation about normal shaders and cg shaders.

16. Oh, thank you. I'm so like "Racer".... It's the best driving simulator for me :) exclusive, rare cars all over the world... It's a heaven for cars lovers :rolleyes:

17. So shaders is need to take a right look of material ?

18. Here you go... Vaz2106.JPG Vaz21061.JPG Vaz21062.JPG .... Is it better ?

19. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Yes, good work :)