Need some help with GT Legends

I am brand new to this game and working through adding mods to it (so far only through Altbierbuden's website with their autoupdater). I am very confused though by this game's setup. My questions are below:

1.) I added the Altbierbuden Car Classes (Update) mod found here: http://www.altbierbude.de/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,26/func,fileinfo/id,1242/lang,en/
It was stated this was needed to run their cars in offline mode. Their website hosts only 105 cars and over 1200 skins. When they state cars, are they referring to the 105 cars or actually all the skins?

2.) After adding the Altbierbuden Car classes, my list of "cars" to purchase went from the original 95 to almost 3000. Is this from the skins counting as new cars?

3.) Lastly I am struggling to get several of these mods to work out of the first ones I've even tried. To name some, I couldn't get the new cars BMW 1600TI or Renault 5 Alpine to work. Then I attempted to try a skin and first one I tried wouldn't show either (110hoy eastern African skin for the porsche 911).

I at first thought this was due to my not having them unlocked or purchased so I unlocked everything and still nothing is there.

Thank you in advance for those who are willing to explain this foreign game to me lol.

If the mod is installed properly and the cars appearing, any extra skins added will appear in the menu to the right of the specific car, but must be purchased separately. For example, you select a Mustang, the menu to the left of the image shows six different cars (skins), whichever you purchase is the car you drive, though the AI can appear in any/all of them; if you want to use a different Mustang (skin) you will have to purchase it also (this can get quite expensive, hence the cheat that gives you enough money to buy everything).

Yes, adding skins counts as more cars because each has its own .car file and the game counts all the .car files it finds.

If a car (skin) doesn't appear, check its .car file, near the bottom is "classes=" (for example: classes="SIM_FULL, SIM_GTC, SIM_GTC76, SIM_CSR200"), there may be one or a dozen entries here, at least one must match an existing class in your game or the car will not appear.

A common problem is someone creates their own class for some cars, then uploads those skins. So, compare the class line from the car that doesn't appear to one that does and edit accordingly.

If the car still doesn't appear it is possibly looking for files that aren't part of the base mod; at the top of the .car file is:

Graphics=Caterham.cas
HeadPhysics=headphysics.hed
CameraFile=Caterham_CSR.cam
HDVehicle=2007_Caterham_CSR200.hdc

check that the .cas, .hed, .cam, and .hdc files required are present either in the mod folder or the main teams folder.

Thank you so much! That gives me a great starting point to check the mod out! Just what I was looking for!

Just on a side note before jumping down this rabbit hole. I'm using the autoupdater from the altbierbude website which is stating it is suppose to download all the mods and then install them into the game folder. Would there be any cases where these mods would need pre-requisites to work, like a different car or team to be installed first?

Well I am thinking that maybe some of the mods that are not working have pre-requisites. I was looking into the files that are not working for me, the Porsche 911 skin (110hoy) has the class SIM_GTC76, which I assume is for the team GTC-TC-76.

The car mod I checked out (BMW 1600Ti has the correct car class and the file names you provided me are all in the mod. I guess I'll wait until the auto updater finishes installing everything and see if everything works.

I suspect it has to do with something on that because they host online racing all the time and require these mods to be installed to take part in it so I figure the mods have to all be working and decent quality mods.

For mine best way for mods is to use JSGME or OVGME and pack them individually
This way you can test any mod / set of cars or conflicts by disabling all other mods.

Keep a untouched updated standalone GTL folder in archive expressly for testing new content before you introduce them to heavily modified folders.

Divide mods into multiple GTL folders.

GTL Xcars can disable any cars or skins you wish helping find conflicts easy.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/gtl-xcars-v1_71-by-tazrfr.21805/

TextCrawler is great for multi file edits in gmotor sims
https://www.digitalvolcano.co.uk/textcrawler.html

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play