Need some help setting up older wheel and pedals, please.

So, I've really got into sim racing again since getting GSCE. It'd been years since I sim raced and there has been much progression over those years. I've basically become addicted...lol

Anyways, after upgrading my gpu I've been racing a lot lately. The only problem? I've been racing with my xbox360 gamepad. Now, this isn't a "huge" minus to me as I have learned to set up the controls pretty nicely and have eliminated a lot of the oversteer and "twitchy" problems many seem to have. I've ran some pretty nice races and some nice laps times with the gamepad, even though I was told it was virtually impossible to do so by those that didn't spend enough time tweaking their settings to fit a gamepad configuration.

....so, the about a month ago, I realized I have an old Mad Catz Dual Force digital/analog wheel made for the PS1. Yes, I know, it's old, outdated and many here might even scoff at the fact it doesn't even have ffb. I don't care, I'm a bit on the strapped for cash side, I'm struggling but also wanting to make GSCE as immersive as possible with what I have on hand. I've took an old bucket seat and modified it so I could have a "real" racing chair (cost me nothing but time)....so, I did some research and realized that this wheel could be used with pc games.

I found an adapter....took a month to get the thing from China, but it's now here.
Problem is, I can't seem to get it to configure properly in game. Yes, the wheel works. I can check my devices and it's "working properly"...I can even calibrate it via that device manager. The wheel (and pedals) work.

In game, I even got it to configure the throttle and brake and steering left/right to the wheel and it recognized it. Thing is....when I start to pull out, or when I turn the wheel a few times after getting in a car, it quits working. (No, it's not shorting out, I've checked, checked, and checked again to make sure)....Did all this multiple times....

I am wondering if anyone here can tell me how I can get this wheel working (for now...as I'm saving for a REAL wheel at the moment)....
There is no preset that seems to work with this wheel and there are no drivers for this wheel (that I know of, and searches came up nil as well).......I have no problem setting the config from ground up (as I would do that anyways, I like my buttons where I like em :) ) but can't seem to keep it working long enough. Not to mention, when I look at "controller one" settings where you can calibrate, or rather check the calibration in game, I turn the wheel and it is bouncing like crazy...not steady at all....then it just goes off....?

I know this is a bit all over the place but I've spent about 2 hours trying to get this thing to work and I've been all over the internet trying to find solutions to make this thing work...

...any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I know us poor folk are a bit of a pain in the rear with all this old gear and questions, but I'm trying here...hehe....

Thanks in advance to all those that may wish to give their time to helping me fix this issue so I can more fully experience this awesome racing sim. :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back